2nd colposcopy

Hi
First time posting here as super worried and have no one to talk to a about this.

1. I’ve had cin3 before in 2010 and had lletz to remove.
  2. 6 months smear after that ok. Yearly smears after - last one in 2013 so back to 3 yearly.
  3. smear this year came back with hpv and some low (they didn’t say which cin) abnormal cells - colposcopy on Monday

Now worried about the following!!

1. I read cervical cancer can develop in 2-10 years so now worried about that
  2. I hated having the lletz and dreading having to have again
  3. worried if i have 2nd lletz it will affect my chances to have kids in future (non yet and I’m 36)
  4. worried about hpv! No obvious Google results on how to get rid! Looks like vaccine won’t work if you have already had it - so how to stop getting in future (apart from becomings celibate for life!)

Sorry just needed to get this out - if anyone has any advicentre or has been in the same situation I would be grateful to hear from you!

Thanks

Hey, it sounds like you are having a bit of a rough time of it so sorry to hear that. I had LLetz in April this year and I was so traumatised by the whole proceedure that i am already living in dread that i will ever have to go through it again. It wasn't so much the actual medical process, but the emotional turmoil that i felt and continue to feel when i think too much about it. All i can advise is that you make sure you take a list of questions and concerns to the clinic with you and make sure you are happy with the answers before you leave. There will always tbe things you forget to ask but i have found coming on here and reading others perspectives has really helped. HPV is the most confusing virus in the world, mostly, it clears itself but there is very little information about what to do if it doesn't. Hopefully this will become more available as people learn more about it. 

Hope evrything goes wel for you x x x