2 months post treatment

Hello all

In June I finished my last round of a carbo/taxol infusions. I was doing ok for the most part, I feel like radiation was the most difficult to get thru. But I still had fatigue, some nausea etc. oncologist sent me to have pelvic floor physical therapy as I was still having back/pelvic pain and pain during intercourse. It's going well, some does are still very painful. I'm curious if anyone has had similar pain? It is in my lower back/pelvic and lately it has several effected my ability to get a good nights sleep. If I lay on one side too long that pelvic area begins to hurt so I'm constantly flipping. I have my PET scan next week on the 31st, I'm hoping I'm cleared obviously. But idk....everytime I feel like I'm making progress there's something that hinders me. I know it'll take time but I just want to feel normal again and do the things I used to. Even if cleared, will I forever worry if there are changes in my body that the cancer has come back? 

28 y/o

2B adenosquamous CC

6cisplatin, 32 external radiation, 6 internal & carbo/taxol 4 rounds

Congrats on finishing treatment!  You really got the full package didn't you. I am not surprised you are having pain, radiotherapy is incredibly good at killing off cancer but it can also cause major damage to your intestines and pelvic bones. I've even read some ladies had stress fractures in their pelvic bones due to radiotherapy.

8 weeks out is still very early days, your body needs so.e time to heal, and on top.of that there is menopause wich can cause all sorts of aches and pains. 

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for your upcoming scan ❤

Hi honey,

I can relate to the pain you describe. I too had the same pain when laying down, where i had to keep flipping because the hipbones were just that painful. I'm 15 months in remission and i don't feel that pain anymore, but when i press on my hipbones i do feel pain (they are sore). They just really got blasted and sometimes you get hairline fractures because of it. Also i was really stiff for at least 10-12 months after radiation. Especially when sat down long periods of time (or laying down). Drink lots of water (flushes the toxines out). Try to walk daily. Take some painkillers. The radiation is still working in your body because it keeps working for months after your last treatment. 

Goodluck wink try to stay positive and enjoy life. Worrying does not make anything better (it does the opposite) and does not help you with anything. 

I have the same. I'm 14 weeks post treatment and I flip from side to side in bed. I wake up and my hips are so sore. I've started back running too and my right hip gets very stiff after. I've been trying to sleep on my back to stop waking up to turn over.