10 month check up

Hi all go for an examination next week that will be me 10 month since my last treatment and I’m starting to get all those nerves back, every little niggle I’m convinced it’s came back. I’ve started to get a watery discharge it’s not a lot but it’s there my back is agony too am I worrying over nothing 

Hi

i know how u feel I am getting ready to go to my 2year appt and I am nervous. I pray all is well with you :-)

Your dates are the same as mine apart from the year I’m 2018.

hope all goes well for you. I’m always the same when it comes to my appointments xx

Your discharge might be unrelated to your cc. Dont worry too much. What stage was yours? 

Hi there I was 2b with lymph node envolvment and i had 5 chemo, 25 radio and 2 brachytherapy 

I was 2b, 6 chemo,25 radiotherapy sessions and 1 long pulsed rate brachytherapy (18 hours)

I am 13 months post treatment and still have a watery discharge.

my oncologist says this is quite normal- as many women have discharge as those who are really dry (tmi sorry) 

as your cervix has now essentially had a very severe burn from the radiation, the natural way some women react is to produce more watery discharge trying to heal.

i have it worse after dilation too.

the aches and pains I do get , not too bad, but again my oncologist says it’s just tightness from the radiotherapy that has affected the surrounding tissue.

i do a lot of stretching and that helps, and I do still attend Zumba , perhaps not quite as vigorously as I did pre treatment,and I ache like mad after, but I love the feeling of dancing and the music.

everyone gets worried around the checkups, but personally, I would rather catch it sooner than wait for any recurrence to be festering away and spreading.

Thank you moushouse, you have just basically described what is happening with myself. I am considering joining the gym to help with stiffness and make myself feel better about myself.

ill go for my check up and I will have been worrying over nothing 

I have watery discharge too and a smell. I end up getting a mri to investigate further but I’m still clear - 5 months. 

Well had my examination he said he couldn’t see or feel anything but he is sending me for a mri scan just to be on the safe side. So just waiting for that to come through, strangely enough I’m not as nervous as I was