1 week done!!!

Hello ladies,
I wanted to write a quick post. I have completed my first week of treatment!!! Woot woot!
And without any hesitation…
I feel great(probably the steroids). I actually havn’t had one single side effect so far. I feel like I am achieving my goal and that finally I am doing something. Everyone is so right about once you start treatment you feel better.
Rad is easy, in and out. I don’t even have to undress. I just pull pants down. Literally there for less then 10 minutes. Almost a pain cause I have to drive 40-45 minutes to get there. But I’m enjoying some good music so I think of it as mental therapy.
I was so scared tues that I would have some crazy side effect from chemo but didn’t feel anything at all. I actually enjoyed relaxing on the reclining chair and enjoyed a movie and some snacks. I did have to pee a lot so next week I’ll get a chair closer to the bathroom. Lol. I also brought some socks that I took advice from another post which I was really glad for.
I was expecting to feel shitty after but I have actually had lots of energy and feel great.
I have been warned that this will not last and I am ok with that. I am just happy my first week was easy and I have started to kick my cancers ass.
For all of you ladies just starting I hope this brings some comfort.
Xxx

Well done Lolli, I had my fourth chemotherapy yesterday and I can honestly say I havent been sick at all from it I do find the third day after I am extremely tired, no energy what so ever... completed my 17th session of radiation today I have had diarrohea on and off but again very bearable ... hope it continues well for you xx

You're smashing it ladies xx

So glad to hear that you ladies are getting on so well. 

Have a lovely weekend.

love t x

Way to go Lolli! :-)
High Five!

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi Lolli

Congrats on completing your first week! You're well underway to putting CC behind you! 

Hope you've had a lovely weekend.

Ps. I totally know what you mean about the steroids, when I have them for the 4 days either side of my chemo, I feel fantaaaaaaastic, lol!

Rosie xx

This is is comforting to read and i am so happy for you that it is going so well. Infact its amazing. you are a true fighter. I am not in a good place at the moment and i have not had once wink of sleep in about 3/4 days since I got told I have to come off sleeping tablets due to going in for a cystoscopy tomorrow to check my bladder. I was diagnosed 1b then rediagnosed as 2b now cystoscopy tomorrow then PT scan Thursday I am thinking ive got stage 4 and not curable and paranoid i have cancer in my bladder or kidney etc. Does this happen? I am a nervous wreck and cant focus until this week is over. Reading your post is so reasurring though and I hope my experience is the same as yours i really do but for some reason i doubt it im too unlucky for that! (self pity mode) Do you know how long you wait until you get your results from a cystoscopy?? Did anyone else have this done? im paranoid they are giving me one because they think its spread tp my organs?? Am i going crazy? Thanks again for your post its so nice to read. I am so happy to hear your story and happy for you xxxx

Well done Lolli!

Geo, I'm not sleeping well either and the exhaustion just makes everything seem bleaker. From reading posts I get the impression there is a fair amount of bouncinag around stages as diagnosis gets underway. I have to admit to reading so many stories that I've frightened myself into thinking the worst, but my logic part (becoming increasingly lost) says all the tests are to be absolutely sure the right treatment is chosen to get rid of this once and for all. I think there have been enough scary stories in the past, that hospitals now want to cover everything and triple check every possible thing. Good luck this week.

Anne x

Geo, I had a cystoscopy and was told the same day that everything looked normal. Fingers crossed your experience is the same. The not knowing and fearing the worst is the worst part of this whole thing. Though I have got off very lightly so far and feel a bit of a fraud joining in converstations with women who need much more treatment that I did.

Lolli, I'm glad everything is going well for you. Long may it continue.

Thank you ladies. I hope so too. xxx

Hi Lolli. I am so glad you posted this. Im 2b and it looks like my treatment plan is going to be similar to yours.

I've not been given my first appointment to discuss treatment yet but my consultant said he thinks it will be 5 weeks of daily radiotherapy with chemo combined. Are you having chemo once a week?

Hope this week goes as well as last week for you xx