Weell I am in total shock tonight. In Nov I was told that my cc stage2 had gone. I had a follow up MRI on 4th Jan to confirm. It showed that there was no cancer in my pelvis but there was an enlarged lymph node outside the area. I was then sent for a PET scan on 21st and got the results today.
The cancer in my cervix is gone but it is now in lymph nodes up to my chest and a node in my lung. I was told no cure just containment. Wouldn't say how long I've got. I am terrified. I am only 35 and have a 12 year old daughter who I can barely look at tonight without wanting to dissolve into tears.
My doc has said I can start chemo now or wait 4 weeks and have another scan to see how it is progressing. MY fear is that if I leave it 4 weeks it might spread further so I am thinking I will start the treatment.
I know there is no hope for me now but I am so scared of not seeing my daughter grow up and I am scared of any pain that is to come from this horrid disease.
Thanks for listening.