What to expect

Hi ladies, I just got staged today with cc2b, my Tumor size is small with greatest diameter of 3cm but because it has just started to touch the tissue(parameteia) it is classified as stage 2b. I’m starting radiation/chemo in one week. I will have 5 weeks of radiation and the last 2 weeks the will do the brachytherapy on an outpatient basis plus I will have chemo once a week and after the five weeks I will go every three weeks for three times.
Just wondering how this process goes? When did it start to get really hard?how did you feel? My treatment centre is 45 min drive away. Should I always take someone or if there are some parts I can just go alone.
I’m kind of lost on what to expect, any insights would be appreciated.

Hi Lolli :-)

Well I was a 2b as well, and my treatment was very similar to yours; 5 weeks of radiotherapy with one chemo each week and then two brachy afterwards. I didn't have the three extra chemo that you have on your list. It never got really hard. I got quite tired but some of that was down to the travelling, and I got a bit of diarrhoea from roughly halfway through. I know that Philleepa drove herself to and from hospital every day throughout her treatment. I would suggest you start off driving yourself, if a friend wants to tag along that's nice, it'll be good company but might mean you have less opportunity to get to know the other patients. I would say just see how it goes and if you find that driving yourself becomes too much of a burden then find a work-around. The treatment really isn't as terrifying as it might seem before you begin.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Thank you,  I'm truthfully a bit scared but I am otherwise in great health so hopefully it won't be to bad. 

Hi Lolli:

So glad that you have a plan. Although it can be scary, it's much better to start processing what's going to happen rather than worry about all the possibilities.

Fabulous that the nodes aren't involved and that your tumour is small and contained. 

Several posts on here document a blow by blow account of treatment. Check out Emma Nellibob, Henrah and those chicks. They've just finished/about to finish and they discussed everything and anything regarding treatment, travel etc etc. There'll be tons of women who jump on to answer questions and give you support.

You can do this Lolli. By the end of the summer you'll be finished and all this crap will be behind you. 

Cheering you on babe.

love t xx

Thank-you so much Teresa F,

I actually went today to get my markers for my rad.  They still havnt given me a specific date but mentioned within the next 12 days I will start.

I feel abit lost at the clinic and keep having to ask where to go but I know that will change.

My 13 yrs old daughter went with me today, I was so scared to tell her but took some advice from another post about using this experience to promote good women health. She was so awesome and even asked to see my CT.   We have given my tumour the name of little bug! 

Everyone is so right in saying that once you know what's going to happen it is soooo much easier to deal with. I know I can get through this and this forum has helped me soooo much!

I'll keep everyone posted on how my treatment goes. 

Hi Lolli:

What an awesome daughter you have! Good for her for being such a support.

Do you start your treatment this week? Good luck if you do. Keep us posted on how it goes.

You can do this. Cheering you on Lolli.

love t x