stage2b cancer

Hi all,

I am nearly finished my treatment just 2 brachy then done. After seeing my consultant today I found out I have stage 2b something I didn't know previously, I was shocked it was as advanced as that. I'm just looking for reassurance and positive outcomes at this stage as am so worried I won't be cured.

Thanks in advance,

Laura xx

Hello Laura, sorry that you had such a shock. It must have knocked the wind out of your sails, to say the least.

I just wanted to say that the treatment is very effective for cervical cancer these days so while there are no guarantees, there is every reason to be positive.

If you can't resist searching (and do resist if you can), you'll find statistics about 5 year survival rates online, but they really aren't a very helpful thing. If you think about it, they are based on women who were treated at least 5 years before the data was published ( and it takes them a year or two to collate, check and review the data). The rate that treatment techniques are improving means that the stats are out of date before they are published.

my advice, if you can manage it, is to focus on what you need to do to get through your treatment and then to get your strength back. Be guided by your medical team and use their understanding off your situation as your guide. They can't make you promises, but they will explain what's going on with you if you ask. At least mine did.

There are many other ladies on here who've made it through 2b and beyond and I'm sure they will respond,but you are not alone. You can do this and we'll support you if we can x

Hi laurann, i had 2B too and had chemorad and brachy at the end of last year. Got all clear in april and had my first 3 month check on tues and all looks well! The treatment is really effective and been back at work since feb...things feel like tbey r starting to get back to normal. Think positive...you will come througb. Any questions, just ask. Good luck sweetie xx

Hi laurann, i had 2B too and had chemorad and brachy at the end of last year. Got all clear in april and had my first 3 month check on tues and all looks well! The treatment is really effective and been back at work since feb...things feel like tbey r starting to get back to normal. Think positive...you will come througb. Any questions, just ask. Good luck sweetie xx

Hello Laura! Yes I am another 2B Survivor and you will find many on here! It's a bit of a journey but I have just recently had the 9 month all clear post treatment : ) Try not to google things - just ask your doc lots of questions and stay positive - it really does help! Let me know how you go x x

Another 2B girl here, coming up to 3 years since diagnosis. As someone has already said, keep away from statistics/survival rates - they're not helpful at all!!

Ceri xx