Wait for results?

Hello,

I've been experiencing abnormal bleeding for over a year (currently 16 consecutive weeks!) Along with pain and bleeding during and after intercourse and hip pain that is sometimes so intense I can't move... My smear test in Feb detected abnormal cells and a HPV positive results.

Had my colposcopy on Friday (10th) and had 2 biopsies taken... One of the cervix and the other one a sample of my womb lining... Coloposcopist didn't really say too much other than they would let me know of the results and it could take up to 8 weeks!

With all the symptoms and the results I'm obviously worried sick and was just wondering if anyone could tell me if they found cancer would it still be an 8 week wait or would they let me know sooner? 

Thank you in advance.

I am in the US, so I don't have a good answer for you, but I just wanted to send you a virtual hug and tell you to hang in there.  The waiting is the hardest part, by far.

Thank you... I'm trying to throw myself into work to keep my mind occupied but it's a constant thought hidden away in the back... It the not knowing that's driving me insane! Xx

Hey,

I had my colposcopy 3 weeks ago. They said it was up to a 6 week wait because of Covid but I got them today so didn't wait that long at all. 

It's been over 3 weeks for me at the moment... Called my doctor's yesterday just to see if they had heard anything back but they still aren't on the system... I'm assuming that as it's been so long that everything is fine and I don't have anything to worry about ?