Understanding punch biopsy results?

Hello does this definitely mean CGIN and CIN 2\3? I am so confused top comment says CGIN biopsy shows CIN 3? Can’t believe I’ve gone from borderline (normal colposcopy no need for biopsy then) to this in 1.5 years.

Colposcopic cervical opinion: high grade including CGIN. Adequate colposcopy high grade CIN 2 AWS with punctuation changes and cervitis seen.

Results:

Histology (cervix) : CIN 3
HPV Result: HR detected

No notes about what grade of CGIN they took multiple directed biopsies.

Hi @hollygirl3857

Me again lol

CIN is a change in squamous cervical cells that are found on the outer surface of the cervix where CGIN is a change in glandular cells that are found inside the cervical canal, where the two cells meet is called the transformation zone where atleast 1 biopsy sample is taken from this area, your biopsy results do show you have both… CIN comes through stages 1-3 but CGIN is only graded as low or high grade, your biopsy states “high grade including CGIN” possibly meaning its high grade xx

Hello

Thank you I was really hoping because the histology result was CIN 3 it was just that and no CGIN I really wish someone had called me to explain as, “colposcopy opinion” really makes it sound different to the biopsy result (histology) to me. I’m gutted as having kids in the future is super important to me (not until this is sorted though)