Trouble peeing and pelvic pain

Hey ladies! I’m about 4 months post treatment and the past couple of weeks I’ve been getting very uncomfortable down below, and in the past few days I’ve noticed it’s getting harder to wee, and I need to go a lot more often that normal. I’ve been in touch with my cns, she checked with my consultant who didn’t seemed worried as I only had a scan about a month ago and everything looked good. I’m just wondering if this is something I should nag about? I’ve handed in a urine sample to my gp and am still waiting to hear back, but in the meantime things are getting more painful and I kinda feel like everyone’s telling me this is normal, but it doesn’t feel normal! x

Could be a uti, does it hurt while you pee? I think you’ll have to wait till the urine test comes back. If it comes back negative you may need to see a urologist could be a blockage in the urethra or radiation cystitis. I got radiation cystitis from treatment.

Thank you for your reply!:relaxed: It doesn’t hurt so much as feel very uncomfortable, and it takes a long time to actually empty my bladder no matter how much I need to go. Fingers crossed I hear something back from the gp today​:crossed_fingers: x

Hi OldRed

I suggest doing a bladder diary: volumes of fluid consumed and volumes of urine plus times - over a period of at least 24 hours. Also time how long it takes to empty your bladder. It’ll help your GP make a decision whether you need a referral to a Urologist.

x

Ah that’s a good idea, thank you so much! I called my gp today to see if the results were back from the urine test, they hadn’t even sent it off until this morning which I’m pretty annoyed about. My symptoms seem to be getting worse so I might give my cns another call tomorrow and see if there’s anything she can do or suggest to try and get this sorted. It’s making me very miserable now! x

Hi
I came on here for this question too! I’m thinking it’s radiation cystitis but not really sure what the symptoms are.
I guess I feel a bit like I need to pee most of the time, I need to go a lot and I have to go as soon as I need it.
I’m a year post treatment of chemo/rad/brachy.
Hope you get some answers.

1 Like

Aw thank you, I hope you do too. I wish there was a little more support for us after treatment ends x
I’ve started bleeding over the weekend, and trying to get hold of someone to ask about it is proving tricky! x

Guy’s and St Thomas’s NHS Trust provide care for radiation cystitis:

https://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/our-services/radiation-cystitis

x

1 Like

Hi
I am 2 years post treatment a few months ago I had exactly the same for about 6 weeks I thought I had a UTI. 2 courses of antibiotics urine samples negative my own GP wouldn’t listen to what I was saying. I managed to find a good supplement take it every day and it cleared up. Turns out I had radiation cystitis and following a scan I have scaring to right kidney so will remain prone to this.

What supplement helped with your cystitis? I’m 3 years post treatment & suffer with radiation cystitis I recently finished 50 sessions of hyperbaric oxygen therapy, unfortunately it didn’t help much

Nouti brought from Amazon it helped a lot. Antibiotics were useless . Hope this helps.

1 Like