**Symptoms of cervical cancer

Hi

About three months ago, mid cycle I experienced two days of blood stained discharge everytime I wiped after going to the toilet

I went to GP who checked for infection, and checked my cervix- both she said were fine

A month later after sex, I had a tiny ( I mean tiny) amount of blood in my discharge- like two specks! So I rang gp again and they checked cervix

This time she said it was all red and was an ectropion, because I was worried she referred me to gynae- 18 week wait just to be triaged!

A month after that my period came and started with a few days of bloody discharge, had about a four five day bleed then a further five days of blood stained discharge - red blood not brown

This month my period is due but instead I’ve had four days of blood stained discharge and spotting. No heavy flow

I’ve felt my cervix myself and it seems ‘ bumpy’

Along with blood stained discharge on those occasions only, I experience A LOT of discharge all month usually clear

I called my gp today and said can I have a colopscopy and he said no! Although he said it is uncommon for me to have bloody discharge?!. I’m going in to go again on Friday to check

Does this seem normal practice? I am worried sick my anxiety is through the roof and I actually had. A panic attack last month - my partner got diagnosed with stage four cancer last year after id just given birth so think this is causing ptsd

I’m on no contraception either and 1 year postpartum be def not pregnant! So can’t explain the ectropion. And why wasn’t this spotted during pregnancy? I was induced too so my cervix was seen, a lot!

Please help!!

Hi @Elw16

Its a nightmare when we have all these things going on and feel a little fobbed off by our GPs, i had heavy/irregular bleeding with on and off bloody discharge for months not long after id been diagnosed with CIN1 and an ectropion, i wasnt on contraception and my daughter was 7 at the time, but because bloods came back normal etc it was put down to the ectropion so they wouldnt refer me any further… at my 12 month follow up i had CIN3 which was removed by a LLETZ in march with no evidence of cancer found, coincidently my bleeding then returned to normal but since ending my period in july every other day i have blood in discharge…

What im trying to say is although unusual, there really could be multiple explanations as to why this could be happening that dont include cancer, it really could have something to do with the ectropion some can be caused by contraception, some woman are born with it, some its hormonal but some just appear without a cause which could be why it wasnt picked up in your pregnancy as it wasnt there then… it could even just be that your period is out of wack with the all of the stress that your under or it could be other things that are innocent

All of this being said, we know our own bodies! If you feel as though something is not right keep pushing them untill you feel heard xx

1 Like

Thankyou so much for your response :smiling_face:

Yes it’s terrible I feel like there just not bothered and I’m being a pest! I have awful anxiety in general so I’m questioning everything, Googling every five minutes ( awful idea ) and obsessing about whether the gp has actually seen an ectropion, like how can they tell it’s an ectropion and not cancer because online it says they look the same to the naked eye!

This stems from my partner been told his lump in his testicle was benign for years until he persisted and it turned out it was cancer. Then two years later it returning this time to his lungs, when they said it was almost impossible to happen, then having gruelling chemo for stage four cancer to be told it hadn’t worked…. Then a biopsy confirming it was because it wasn’t cancer at all it was nodules form an old chest infection. So you can see where my trust issues are from haha! You could not write it!

I hope yours is all ok? Is it common to have blood stained discharge from an ectropion because I thought it was but obviously today my gp said no and it set me off again!

Thats the thing, they could be alot more sympathetic when it comes to things like this especially when you know somebody personally thats been failed, some couldnt be more helpful but others just seem to make you feel silly when obviously thats not the case… its not like we enjoy going to see our GPs and baring our lady issues to them lol

Take what you read online with a pinch of salt, some of it is true to a point but it can get twisted when you go down the rabbit hole lol it really depends on how much of an ectropion somebody has if they mistake it they can sometimes identify by eye… most of the time people dont have any symptoms with it but if symptoms do happen they can match some of the CC ones so its not that unsual when you have one thats symptomic, the ectropion cells can be delicate so if they get irritated by say sex or something as simple as your natural discharge etc there could be some blood transfered in…

I’m still in limbo with my abnormal bleeding, ive been back to the GP but because im due a test of cure in september from my LLETZ they want to wait to see what that says, typical! Lol xx