Symptoms, diagnosis and treatment

Hey everyone,

I wanna say a massive thank to everyone for sharing your stories. I have found them to be helpful over the past few weeks since being diagnosed with stage 1a2

January 2023 - About a year ago I had an abnormal smear, but was told it was borderline abnormal. Fast forward a few months later in the year I noticed a change in my discharge but I brushed it off thinking It was the time of month approaching. I also noticed bleeding during sex and after sex but no pain, this pushed me to go see the GP. Had a quick examination and was told nothing seems alarming but was still referred to Gynaecology for a colposcopy within a week.

After my colposcopy was told I have HPV and warts which were causing bleeding during sex. The nurse completed a small treatment during my colposcopy (burning warts) & took a Biopsy for testing. A few weeks later I was invited for another colposcopy because the first one was interfered due monthly cycle.

Attended another colposcopy were I told the nurse I was still bleeding despite the treatment mentioned earlier. She suggested I might need to go for surgery to have them removed the surgery suggested was LLETz which would also treat the HPV.

January 2023 - February 2023
LLETz was successful with no complications. The doctors took a biopsy after LLETz and results came back showing CGIN. Treatment suggested were 2nd LLETz or Trachelectomy surgery (as I am young and thinking about starting a family soon) but this all depends on my MRI results and outcome from multidisciplinary team meet.

MRI results showed no tumour abnormal cells and the cancer has net gone any further. However, the suggestion is that I have Trachelectomy, i am awaiting to meet with the surgeon to get a better understanding.

I am conflicted with my decision because I’m petrified at the thought of having my cervix removed, especially worried because I wanna have kids and wondering if that will be possible ? Any women that have had this surgery done please do share your experiences, recovery, pregnancy, motherhood etc …

Thank you
Lucy