Stage 1B1

I was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the cervix at the end of February. It was caught during my routine annual exam, I had no symptoms and I was feeling totally fine. Cone biopsy March 3 revealed more cancer and staged 1B1. I have to wait six weeks to heal from that surgery and I’m scheduled for a radical hysterectomy and lymph node dissectiom April 18. Unless the pet ct scan shows lymph node involvement in which case they may change my treatment. I am electing to remove my ovaries because I’m scared of the risk of spread there without being detected and fear not being able to treat that down the road. I am really worried about lymph node involvement and also crazy hormones after surgery since I will be going through menopause at 35.

All the waiting is so overwhelming! Anyone who has been through something similar and can shed some light on their experience would be appreciated.

Hi there

i'm 36 and have recently been diagnosed with stage 2b cc so op is not an option. I think if i was you though and surgery was an option I would opt for everything out for peace of mind. Also they don't offer surgery if they dint think the margins are clear enough to remove all traces of cancer.  I'm wondering what the delights of menopause will hold for me after treatment my consultant has said I could have hrt but I'm concentrating on here and now and I will cross that bridge when it comes to itx

x

Hi you two :-)

I'm really sorry to hear of your diagnoses, you are of course now in the very best place possible for advice, comfort and support. It makes me so sad to hear of such young women having to face the menopause. Hopefully it won't be too bad, learning to ride the flushes is a skill you will learn. You will also learn to wear layers of clothing that can be thrown off and on in a twinkling :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Just wanted to send you lots of positivity following your diagnosis. I was originally a 1a2 adenocarcinoma girl who had suspected lymph involvement but once the radical hysterectomy had been performed my margins were clear and no node involvement was found, yippee. Playing the waiting game and not knowing are the hardest things in my view to deal with but I found this site a godsend together with my "Cancer buddy" who was a few weeks ahead of me.

I wanted my ovaries removed as I had a cyst on one, had completed my family and being 47 felt the menopause was already on its way! Apart from a few more hot flushes I haven't felt any different than I did before the operation. if you are worried discuss HRT with your Consultant or CNS who are there to help.

Please feel free to message me if you want to know anything else.

Helen

xxxx

Did they do a pet ct before your radical hysterectomy? How long has it been since you have had surgery? Do you get checked every 3 or 6 months? What is that like? I have discussed hrt with my ob and I am sure I will do something to help with the sypmtoms.  Sounds like you were lucky in many ways; we were not ready to be done with our family so that has also been tough to accept but I have three young kids so I am thankful for that. I want to do anything necessary to be here as they grow up.

Thanks for the well wishes. This site really has helped hearing from people who have been through this.

Hi I'm a 1b1 too, had lletz under ga in January and that's when they found the tumour. I had to wait 7 weeks for Mri cos of the healing, it was so frustrating . I'm having my radical hysterectomy tomorrow and I've asked that they take the ovaries too, I'm 47 and already been thru menopause 9 years ago so it makes sense. I never had kids but I made my peace with that a long time ago and I just dote on my nephews and niece instead. The waiting time will pass before you know it. Good luck x

Good luck with your surgery today! Wishing you the best of luck!

Hello, 1b1 ladies.  I was diagnosed with 1b1 incidental after the birth of my twins so they couldn't check nodes but margins were clear.  I did chemo radiation and had a hysterectomy.   Have had two normal pet/ct but still can't shake fear of reoccurring.   Any advice or reassurance greatly appreciated.