So confused...

Results are back and they aren't good ? 

I have tested HPV positive and I am so upset. I had surgery to remove abnormal cells over 3 years ago and iam back here but with a HPV positive result I don't no why but I feel so dirty and my partner now things I am sleeping around which I am not..  I am finding the fact that due to covid you can't actually have a face to face conversation with anyone and have been left to process results that I can't understand.

I also have 2 huge cyst on my ovaries one of which has debris on it I have no clue what any of this means I was just given my results with no explanation at all not even an appointment was made to go through them. 

Anyone out there that can shed some light please message me. 

I have literally got all the bad news in one day so yes feeling so deflated. 

thanks everyone xx

Hello

I'm so sorry to hear that you are so upset. Please know that you are not alone and that almost everyone has HPV (80% of the population) and that includes men it's just that there is no test for men. Jo's information pages explain it really well and they also produce a leaflet which you can order to help your partner to understand. HPV can lie dormant for many years - most peoples' immune systems clear it within 2 years and even doctors don't really know why some people don't clear it. The best thing you can do is take care of your immune system. As to your ovarian cysts, if I were you I would phone your hospital or your gp to find out what their treatment plan is for these. Apparently lots of women have ovarian cysts but don't always know that they have them. They sometimes go away by themselves but I think if they are big and creating issues they are removed. I can highly recommend phoning Jo's helpline when you feel upset as it's best not to bottle up all your worries. 

Hope this helps

A x

Thank you so much for getting back to me much appreciated ?well I have been having issues with my periods since I started them over 22 years ago but never really looked into it as a nasty male gp told me grow up and live with it so I kinda just left it. I have had loads of symptoms like bleeding between periods, after sex, loads of cramping the list is endless... so I can kinda understand the cyst. 
My appointment for the colposcopy has been booked I am awaiting the date for the scan which won't be for 6-8 weeks not sure I can wait that long I am in agony have been for months.

my head is all fuzzy.. i think having all results back in one go was not great for my brain but least I can get it all sorted. 

Hello again

You're welcome! Having reread your post I just wanted to say that you may not be aware that in 2019 the cervical screening programme switched to HPV first testing which means that all samples are tested for HPV and then if it is found the sample is checked for cell abnormalities. As you had treatment to remove cell abnormalities some years ago the chances are that you had HPV then but that your sample was not tested for it and therefore you were not told that you had it. Obviously this comes as quite a shock to you and me both if we have not been told about the change in testing!!! And lots of other people too!!! Jo's helpline and their Ask the expert service will be able to explain this in more depth.

A x