Recurrent bladder infections 6 years post 2Bscc

Am hoping for some shared experience/advice.  5 years post treatment (chemoradiation incl brachy) I had a first bladder infection. 5 months later a 2nd. 3 months later a third.....you get the picture.   Now a new one starting today (7th) only 17days after antibiotic treatment for the 6th.   I am taking D-mannose and oregano oil twice daly as an attempt to deal with this. Also using hormonal vaginal suppositories and external cream as perscribed by my doctor. Obviously none of that is working. I completely understand my bladder is probably covered in scar tissue and possibly pulled out of shape (ultrasound booked for November). Has anyone been through this and managed to resolve the problem?  Thank you ladies. 

How do you know it's specifically a  a bladder infection rather than an a more generalised urinary tract infection?

I am just asking because one of the first symptoms of my new tumour were urinary tract infections caused by the tumour pressing on the ureter and I've heard of this in others too?

Have you had a scan to eliminate that? Don't mean to scare you but it's important to check.

Karen x 

Mine were caused by scar tissue compressing my ureter. Haven't had one since my stent placement.

This wasn't picked up until I had a scan so had many rounds of antibiotics before fixing the actual problem.

Hi

I had abnormal cells in 2014 and ended up having 2 Llletz treatments to clear all the CIN2. I've had recurrent UTI on and off since then. Anyway 6 months ago although I had no other pre menopause symptoms the GP suggested this could be the cause. Ive been on Oestrogen gel and Utrogesten tablets ever other 2 weeks since Feb and no UTIs since then. Prior to that I'd had 5 occurrences in the previous 6 months. Apparently v common in menopausal and peri menopausal women so maybe this is thd cause of yours?