Rant - PIP and the arseholes who decide

Omg! I’m so pissed off (sorry!)…

So basically I claimed PIP last year whilst going through treatment and I was awarded daily living and mobility and got £307 a month from them - thank you! I’ve then had a stoma bag fitted and had to give up work due to ill health and informed them of my change (about my bag) as you should…I then got a letter after filling out 2 forms and my doctor filling in part of one for me also…they then told me I needed an interview so the woman came and asked me about 3 questions about what I had put on my form then asked me to stand up and stretch basically…I then received a letter when I was in hospital to say that they’re changing my money to just the daily living because ‘I am not malnoished, I’ve had no referral to a dietician, I am an acceptable body weight, I can stand and do things acceptably although I do need aids to help me with some things, I have not been given anything to help me with my weight and as of the interview I’ve got no involvement of mental health services’!!!

1: I weigh 7stone! I am nearly 30!! I wear age 12-13 years clothes!

2: I have had a referral to a dietician and have been to see her (what help she was!)

3: I have build up milkshakes prescribed to me - guaranteed I don’t take them as they’re gross and make me sick!

4: I can’t take antidepressants as they affect your kidneys and I have issues with my kidneys - which I told the woman! And I told her I am going to go for councilling when I’m physically able to make it…

5: I’ve told them about my stoma and nothing is mentioned about this

They’ve not even listened to anything that’s been said they’ve just gone off what this woman ‘has seen’ - my nan who’s 73 was at my house when she came around and we both told her she helps with my cleaning as I can’t do it all myself! No mention of this!

So I’ve contacted my local councillor and they’re taking it to court for me! Also with my ESA claim that i put in on the 3rd of August is ‘still being reviewed by their doctors’ and I need a ‘work based interview!’ Seriously!!! I wouldn’t of given up a job that I love to be bored shitless sitting around all day if I couldn’t physically do my job!!! Aaaaggghhhh!!! I’ve worked since I was 14 and have never claimed I worked 3 jobs at one point and use to work 12 hour shifts then work 5 hours in a pub!

I have no words of advice but want to give you a hug hug!!! They have no idea do they ... I'm sorry you gave another hurdle xxx 

Yes Carmel they are total arseholes. I bet she was young and robotic. I can't stand the ones who are box tickers. No wholistic approach there - morons. Can't even see what's in front of her. I get what you mean sbout giving up a job you love. Jobs give you a lot. Part of my job is getting people back into the workforce after illness. My company is fantastic and they bend over backwards to get their staff back. We even pay ours 90% of their wages until they're back on their feet. And even though they get paid 95% of them are chomping at the bit to work. This budging mentality is incorrect and that arsehole should have been supportive not punitive. Glad your council is supporting your efforts. Let me know how this goes. Also glad you're still posting. I look for you. Jayne

Hi Carmel :-)

I am so sorry. There was a time when the kind of people who did this sort of work really cared about the people who needed their help. Sadly for the last 20+ years things have been changing in such a way that nothing can be tailored to suit the individual, everything has to be measured and recorded and it all has to fit neatly into a pigeon-hole. The kind of people who did this work back then got despondent and found other jobs doing other things, like forestry, and their places were taken by obedient little robots. It's very sad, it is just one more thing that proves how sick our society has become.

(((((HUGS)))))

Find strength :-)
Tivoli

This country has got it so so wrong! Help yourself all your life and ask for nothing until you desperately need it and no one wants to know, sit on your arse with your hand out from the get go and people trip over themselves to assist! 

It disgusts me! 

Carmel, I'm sorry you are facing yet another hurdle but pleased to hear you have someone do fight your corner. 

I'm now dreading the next letter from them hitting my door mat having applied for PIP recently. 

I hope you get it sorted asap 

Big hugs and best wishes 

Erin xx

I know it's wrong! they were ok when I claimed last time for some reason because I wanted to claim ESA they said I needed an interview hopefully they won't be arseholes for you....make sure you put down how you are on your worst days and when your at your worst don't ever say your ok always tell them your worst that's the best advice really xx

Yay!!! I've finally got my esa claim sorted!!! Only taken them 5 months!!!!

Hi Carmel and all,

I might need to consider claiming ESA soon. I just wondered what sort of questions I need to prepare myself for? 

xXx

They're really basic questions - such as are you able to prepare a meal on your own if not explain why, can you walk more than 150 meters if not explain why....that kind of thing it's not complicated. You just have to put what your like on your worst day - you may get an interview as well and I would over exaggerate as they tend to ignore most of what you say! They're arseholes! 

Getting your medical records from either the hospital or doctor will help immensely as well to send with the form - if you have a McMillan nurse they should be able to help you - as long as she's not useless like mine is xx