Please help !!!

Hello I have just for the first time tested positive for high grade hpv non 16/18 and lsil my questions are

1. Is this a life sentence std? 2.how can you get rid of the virus but it’s not curable3. If I take folic acid how long will it take for it to go away? 4. Do I tell my boyfriend? (I’ve never had a std I don’t know how to tell him of if I should ) 5. I never had symptoms how is my test positive?6. I got two vaccines of hpv how did this happen?7. Should I worry? 8. How likely will my boyfriend and I catch cancer?9. Will I catch throat cancer if we have oral sex ?  And last but not least .... can I still be sexually active now ? Or should I wait for a year or two to be sexually active ?  

Hi Sara, my consultant told me best way to suppress hpv is to boost your immune system. So healthy diet, lots of fresh fruit and veg, garlic is antiviral too, sleep well, take good multi vitamin, dont smoke. I had lletz treatment for abnormal cells and now test hpv negative. I was told 80% of people contract hpv at some point, most will be suppressed by bodies immune system without issues. You can mention it to your boyfriend but you can't tell who gave it to who. I wonder if the type you have isn't covered by the vaccine. Hpv alone doesn't give symptoms. Yes you can be sexually active but suppose it wouldn't hurt to use condoms if you are trying to clear the virus, mind you I have unprotected sex with my partner of 10 years since my treatment and I still show hpv negative. Try not to worry, its very common and good you know so they can monitor you and you can look after your immune system. 

Also my nurse told me much less likely to cause cancers in throat and other place hence why they only routinely check cervix as much more likely. I'd say statistically your boyfriend is very unlikely to get cancer from this. 

It actually depends on you if you will disclose this to your partner. But, if you are concern about his health then it would be nice to tell him about your condition.

I really appreciate you for this I thought no one would answer my I'm still debating if I'm going to tell him because he's a panicer like me he has anxiety like me as well and I don't want him to think I'm doing something wrong I know we are in a faithful relationship and I don't want this to be a big issue when it shouldn't be my doctor gave me folic acid and told me that it will help clear it up faster have you ever hear of it ?? And how long did it take for our hpv to go away I had high risk hpv non 16 and 18