Pain symptoms

Hi, Can someone please tell me what their pain felt like? Like describe what and where it was. What kind of pain and when they had it constantly or on and off? I am in so much pain just now and I don’t like making such a big deal to the doctors. This should have been dealt with me May 2022 I am worried it’s going to be too late by the time they get to the bottom of it. I was late getting my smear test by a few years they said HPV and high grade cell changes. Finally getting lletz on the 12th

Hi Tweetypiexx

There could be a number of reasons for your pain so, easy to say but, try not to jump to unfounded worst case conclusions. I hadn’t had a smear test for 12 years when I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. My symptoms included an abnormal discharge plus moderate/heavy bleeding; my tumour measured 3.8 cm, staged 2A1. I didn’t have any associated pain leading up to my diagnosis.

I do hope all goes well for you.

x

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your reply. Hope all was well with your treatment xx
I’m not very pushy to the doctors as I get a bit shy and just think they know best and I shouldn’t bother them. I went to the doctors about my leg pain and he said it due to be anemic but I have been on and off iron now since May 2022 due to heavy bleeding. It’s really dragging on and I’m really worrying.

I’m fairly OK thanks: 6+years post treatment.

I empathise it can feel daunting but I suggest getting a second opinion about your symptoms. In my experience doctors don’t always get it right first time and/or they don’t explain things well.

x

1 Like

@Tweetypiexx I’m so sorry you’re in pain and worried, but just like @Jazza has said, it could be a number of different things so try not to jump to the worse case scenario. I know it’s easier said than done. My pain before I was diagnosed was like a burning, stinging pain in my groin, pelvis, hips, back and down my legs. It was quite bad at times and did keep me awake at night. It wasn’t a pain like period pain or muscular, it was something I’d not felt before. I didn’t have any bleeding at all & a clear smear.

Please, please do advocate for yourself with your GP, they don’t always listen to our concerns, so we have to be pushy with them if we’re not getting anywhere. My experience was months of going back to mine & was told it was menopause, vitamin D deficiency before I ended up seeing some privately to get answers. Do keep on at them, you’re not bothering them or wasting their time.

Sending you lots of hugs xxx here if you need to chat xxxxx

1 Like

Thanks for the replies xx

I hope all went well with your treatment x

I’m driving myself insane. I don’t know how long I will need to wait on results. The pain in my legs is really getting to me. It’s slightly lower back, my left hip feels numb and the pain going down my legs is the worst. I’m anemic due to heavy bleeding. I was diagnosed with HPV and high grade changes on 25/5/2022 and this is me just finally got lletz there on Friday. Xx

1 Like

@Tweetypiexx I totally feel your frustration with not knowing what’s happening and waiting for results, especially when you’re in pain. It makes things feel a lot harder and worse. You’ve waited a long time to get to this point and just want answers. Did they give you any timeframe of when they will tell you results? I’m here if you need to chat xxx sending hugs and love xxxxx

1 Like

Hi Tweety
Sorry to hear you have had such a rough time! How come was there such a delay between being diagnosed with high grade changes and having your LLETZ
Hope you’re recovering okay x

1 Like

Thank you, I got a smear which showed abnormal cells and HPV so I went for a biopsy a few months later which didn’t pick anything up so they booked me in for another smear 6 months later. They sent me a letter saying I was all clear and couple of weeks later I got another email asking me to come back because my smear showed cell changes and HPV again. I phoned them to say I already received a letter saying I was clear and they told me I had been sent that by mistake. No idea how that happened. They decided they were going to do a cone biopsy Incase it was higher up my cervix but I had a miscarriage in-between so when I went there they wouldn’t do it until I had healed properly so put it off a while and decided to go with the lletz instead. That’s me finally got it. These last few days feel like the longest now though waiting on results. Xx

Thank you xx