Normal cervix to CIN3 in 3 years?!

Hi
Just wanted to say I’ve had the cone procedure today under general anaesthetic, the procedure it’s self wasnt to bad and so far all I have had is a little cramping which they say you should expect.

Im 34 and also haven’t had children and am hoping to one day - just need to find the right guy, but they have said that this shouldn’t effect it but if I did become pregnant that they would monitor it more and likely to have to have scans every few weeks to hopefully prevent any issues as the cervix is shorter (that’s from having 2 procedures now) , so not only worrying about the results but also about this and if I do eventually meet someone having to tell them, and also Is it going to effect me in coming close to someone with all that has gone one - I don’t have much confidence at the best of time.

If you have any questions about the cone biopsy just message me. Hope it all goes well for you.

3 Likes

Hi Nicole thank you for your reply, im pretty nervous about having it under general, im great full for not feeling the pain as with each procedure the pain seems to be worse. Just makes me un easy being asleep and knowing im having surgery down there if that makes sense. How are you feeling, are you back home now? If so how long did you stay after? Mine is afternoon surgery today, so taking an over night bag just incase as having fibroid removal too. Hope your feeling well xx

I completely understand that, surgery anywhere else and don’t think it would be as much as a concern.
I’ve been lucky and haven’t had any pain whilst having the LLETZ although after I had to go and have a swab taken as I thought I had an infection and that was painful, but think it could just be feeling nervous waiting for the results and couldn’t relax.

yes I’m back home, it was just a day surgery, I had to be in for 11, i went down for the procedure around 1, then was discharged around 7, it would have been earlier but my heart rate was high and nurse wasn’t happy with letting me go till it came down. I’m feeling ok. Just tired but think that’s from the anaesthetic and not being able to sleep great whilst all this is going on, thought last night I would but that didn’t work out. Other than that I’ve just got a bit of stomach cramps - feeling like I’m due on, not painful but just uncomfortable to constantly feel it, but that was expected and hoping it will pass in next couple of days as things settle down.
I think they tell everyone to take an over night bag as I had to - think it’s more incase there are any problems you have bits, although I did end up wearing my dressing Gowan and slippers down to the operation room as had to walk down (didn’t get allocated a bed till after surgery)

When are you going in? Hope it all goes ok, let me know and if you have any other questions just ask.

I have to be there for half 11, won’t find out till I’m.there where in the list I am, but having a mass ? Fibroid removed too, having that done through hysterscopy, so hopefully will be home tonight. xx

All the best Vicky for your treatment today. Please don’t worry about having a general anaesthetic for your treatment. There are different grades of GA and yours will probably only be light. It beats being in pain hands down! I have had CC treatment and in the past LLETZ and cone biopsies, and I would always choose to be under…. I do hope they can sort everything out for you. My heart goes out to you young women who are having all these trouble alongside wanting to have families. I’m at the other (far end) of my reproductive life, so this was not an issue for me.

Be gentle and kind to yourselves, and give your bodies time to heal. Nicola and Wonderland, I hope things work out well for you too - in every way. X

1 Like

Hey could you update with what your leep results were? Currently in the exact same situation! Thanks