newly diagnosed - worried about pain symptoms

Hi all, I was diagnosed with stage 1b1 cervical cancer last wed.  I have had am mri yesterday and ct booked for tomorrow. If there is no spread I will have a hystetectomy.  However I am very concerned about the pelvic, back and leg pain I have had since all this started. I understand that cc at this early stage should not cause pain and am worried that the pain means it had spread. Has anyone else suffered from pain like this but still remained at early cancer staging after their scans? All advice welcomed! !. Xx

Hi ziggy

im sorry about you diagnosis I know how difficult it is! I also know that no matter how hard you try it is impossible not to think the worst. In the majority of cases the initial staging from a qualified dr(oncology not general GP) the staging is about the same. 

As for the pain, well that is different for everyone. I would depend on where exactly the cancer is and your own personal biology. Some have more nerve ending then others. sometimes pressure can cause the pain. Sometimes it can be the bodies response to let you know something is not right. 

Do try not to panic. Keep logical and well rested. It is important not to let your mind send you into a whirlwind of speculations. Soon you will know exactly what it is you are facing and there will be no guessing left. Try to stay busy and be positive. 

I know once I had all my tests done and I knew the plan 99% of my symptoms seemed a lot less painful. 

big hugs

Thanks Lolli.

My Consultant is due to discuss my mri and ct scan results next Tuesday at their MDT meeting and said he will then call me with the results and treatment plan...... so not too long to wait.

xx

What were your scan results as I'm the same. Stage 1b1 without scan results and left sided thigh/knee leg and pelvis pains.results not too next Thursday 

What were your scan results as I'm the same. Stage 1b1 without scan results and left sided thigh/knee leg and pelvis pains.results not too next Thursday