Worried about Pain

Hi all. This is my first post and to be honest I’m terrified doing this.
On Friday 20th August I was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer. I’m booked for an MRI on Tuesday 7th September. The consultant has said that it’s Squamous Cell Carcinoma. My concern is the amount of pain I am in. The stage they are predicting my cancer is at doesn’t mention pain at all. I’m terrified it’s not contained in the cervix and has spread to other areas. My consultant says “mild discomfort” but there’s nothing “mild” about it. I know there’s no point worrying before knowing the results of the scan but I can’t seem to get the sense that I have more bad news to come.

Welcome to the forum, ForestFairy78 - so sorry to hear your diagnosis and about the pain you’re in. You haven’t said what or where the pain is you’re experiencing, or what stage they think the cancer is. Was this found as a result of a colposcopy biopsy? We do our best to support each other here and help if we can. Good news that your scan is coming up next week, as you need to know the situation so that your treatment can begin ASAP. X

Welcome!

Did anyone tell you exactly where it is?
They can be in areas that can cause pain.
My tumour is an adenocarcinoma but where its decided to grow is causing stenosis of my cervix. Essentially its closed. This causes a build up of nastiness, blood and clots. This cause excruciating pain that caused me to be hospitalized. Theyve managed to drain most of it away and I’ve found certain meds have kept it at bay for the most part… I get the odd day when I feel it come on but can hit it hard with meds and keep it under control.

I wish you well xx

Thank you for replying. The pain is all in my lower tummy and back sometimes. It feels like really strong period cramps and the start of early labour pains. It feels like waves of pain and they intensify and then ease away like the ebb and flow of waves. The letter I had following my diagnosis is a preliminary stage of 1B1. I’ve also had a CT scan appointment come through today for a CT Thorax abdomen pelvis.

Thank you. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been hospitalised because of the excruciating pain you’ve been in. I was admitted to hospital with tubo ovarian cysts which caused me to be in agony and resulted in the removal of my right ovary and Fallopian tube. I guess it’s a waiting game now. As soon as I feel I’m processing it something happens and I feel like I’ve been hit by a train all over again. Xx

I think the waiting is absolutley horrid. I went to some dark places in my head at times at literally shut myself off to the world. I can feel those thoughts creeping in now and again even still. I just come on here and re read all the positive stories that really does help. I’ve also banned my self from google search. Out dated and always worse case scenario.

Feel free to message anytime. I might not have any answers but you can certainly have a rant or a chat with me.

Thank you for your kind words and responding to my post xxx

1 Like

Hi ForestFairy78

Just wondering how you are and how your pain is? X

Hi
Thank you for checking in on me?
The pain has been excruciating at times on Friday I thought I would need to go to a&e.
The good news is I’ve had my radical Hysterectomy scheduled for Monday 20th September so not long now before I’m hopefully out of pain.
I hope you’re doing ok?
Xxxxx

Welcome by the way. Xx

1 Like

I’m in a complete mental mess waiting for my gynae appointment tomorrow. I had no pains when I was first referred early September but in the past few days I seem to have been hit with pains in my abdomen, pelvis, back and legs which is just making my mind go into overdrive. The way you described the pain as ebb and flow is exactly how I feel… it just seems to go through me!

Sorry to hear you had a bad episode on Friday but great to hear you’ve got a date for your op and the start of some pain free healthy times ahead! Wishing you all the best. Let us know how you get on. Xxx

Hi Sooz77 I’m sorry to hear you’re in so much pain. It’s so easy to let your mind go into overdrive with worry which doesn’t help with the pain. Are you taking any painkillers? I would definitely speak to your consultant tomorrow and let them know how much pain you’re in.
Thank you, I will certainly let you know how I get on and please message me if you need anything. I can’t say I’m an expert as it’s only been 4 weeks since my diagnosis but what has helped me is talking to ladies who know exactly what you are going through. You’re not alone xx

1 Like