My Cancer Journey 💕

Good morning Mel2 I haven’t seen those beanie hats I have purchased a few head turbans lol and wearing those in the house just to keep my head warm I don’t think you realise how warm you hair keeps your head :joy::joy:
Good luck for the 22nd sending positive energy & lots of love we can kick this ass :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Take care xx

2 Likes

Hi everyone well end of week 7 :flushed::hugs: feeling a little overwhelmed by Friday :pensive: everything my nurse told me on Monday I would be feeling I have from cracked lips and a sore mouth my nails are awful broken and painful skin on hands very sore and I have a massive corn :weary: on my toe that is feeling very painful :disappointed_relieved: also now have the ringing in the ears
And also receiving radiotherapy trying to get my bladder with correct amount can you release this much but not any more how are you supposed to stop mid flow as a lady if a certain age :flushed::weary::joy: this is a challenge
and so I did have a wobble on Friday and thought I can’t do this I was just feeling pants and very tearful had a call from the hospital to say could I come in on Saturday at 8.45 :weary::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: for pre-op I just thought for gods sake I have been here everyday this week leave me alone arrrrrrgh :rage::rage:
From also having no appetite not fancying actually anything but starving I have been having a lot of mini twisters :joy: lol
But we are here on Saturday night and feeling a lot more positive Daughters popping in and telling me I can and will do this putting big girls pants on so already for round 8 next week :hugs::hugs:
How is everyone else feeling xx :kissing_heart::hugs:

4 Likes

@Jeanette272 loving your updates, Jeanette. The emotional rollercoaster is massive when you are at hospital Monday to Friday then somtines a weekend if you get pushed or need blood or the pre-op.

It almost felt like a job! Xx

2 Likes

Morning yes definitely does lol :joy:
When we got there nurse said we could have done this over the phone :woman_facepalming: arggggggg never mind all done now :hugs: xx
How are you doing xx

1 Like

Hi everyone end of week 8 woop feel like it’s getting tougher :unamused: each week but keep positive thoughts to getting end results :hugs:
Appointment with consultant Friday just a quick update but everything is going to plan my appetite this week has been rubbish my taste buds are all over the place lol ice cream is good :+1: I have also lost about 6lb without actually trying :joy::joy:
Has anyone else had a painful hips on radiotherapy did mention to my consultant but she didn’t seem overly concerned :slightly_frowning_face: like as if someone is sticking pins in you now and again not all the time just randomly :weary:
Hubby & I are away at the minute just a Friday/sat we have been looking at buying a caravan on a permanent site found one and feeling very lucky & happy :smiley: sometimes you just have to look forward to the next chapter as this Cancer rubbish can overwhelm and consume your life and I am not going to let it :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::+1::hugs:
Sending lots of love to everyone :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Monday morning it all begins again :rofl::rofl:xx

5 Likes

Hi hi everyone sorry such a long time in updating my journey
Week9 was ok week 10 /11 horrific I had to stop chemo blood transfusion in week 11 feeling really rough those two weeks everything I could have had or feeling it happened was ready to throw the towel in but actually gave my self a wobble and thought I have got this far I have to continue and positive thoughts are now back in place :hugs::+1:
I had a MRI scan on Wednesday and consultant meeting on Friday of last week and my little lime of 6cm has now reduced to 2cm so woop woop I definitely can do this
I am on week 12 now actually in hospital at the minute first round of brackatherapy completed wasnt has bad as I thought it was going to be long day tomorrow but I can do this end of my treatment on Friday and still being positive as I am definitely going to kick this into orbit were it belongs yehey
Hope everyone is still doing well and kicking this cancer up the ass :hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:xx

8 Likes

Hi everyone haven’t posted for a while as when I got home from hospital in February felt so tired and exhausted I wasn’t eating anything I lost over a stone in weight I was put on complan milkshakes I just felt so awful and then I decided I have to do something about this I was sick to death of them milkshakes :joy: so I got in touch with a hypnotherapist I was very flat on my first visit and I just talked and talked to her I had three sessions and I just started eating again small amounts and now I am back to my normal food and I thought this was a mind over matter thing I couldn’t control this diagnosis of cancer and had to let someone else take the reigns for a while bit of OCD going on here so in my head I took over the eating I was in control of that :woman_facepalming: and now I am back to my positive self woop woop I have my rounds of scans week beginning 13th may then consultant appointment and I am so very positive that it has gone I have kicked it’s ass
I am starting the applicators this week :flushed::flushed: not looking forward to that one :joy: I hope everyone else is still on positive vibes xxx

4 Likes