HPV cervical cancer

Hi all, Iv just been diagnosed with HPV cervical cancer stage 1b2. Iv recently had my mri scan to find out if it’s spread and I’m currently awaiting my results so we know what treatment path I will go down.
I’m so scared, I’m 30 with 2 young babies.
Just looking for someone to talk to

5 Likes

Dear Jade,

You’ve come to the right place! There are lots of ladies on here who have, or have had, cervical cancer. Glad to hear you’ve had your scans and hopefully it won’t be long until your stage is concerned and your treatment can start. You will move from the ‘have’ to the ‘have had’ category. This is curable; the treatment is not pleasant for most people but you will get there, and we will be with you.

Hoping some ladies who are at a similar stage will reach out to you and maybe you’ll even find a 1b2 treatment buddy. Xx

4 Likes

Hi Jade, I’m at a similar stage to you, started at 1a1, then 1a2, consultant thought maybe 1b2, but it seems to have gone back to 1a2, had MRI Friday 6th, awaiting results I’m 55, and it is really scary, I have another complication of Crohns Disease and on immunosuppressant medication. I know how you feel. xx

2 Likes

It’s horrible isn’t it, I just want to know what is going ok. Hope your ok though xx

1 Like

Hi Jade, as Jacks said this is the right place to come, the waiting for results is definitely the hardest part and honestly you will feel much more able to deal with it all when you get your results and an action plan.
I have a little one to, he is only 2 (have a grown up one also as I have a 22yr old :joy: so big age gap) it just makes me all the more determined to fight this with everything I have.
We know how your feeling so your not alone xx

2 Likes

Hi Jade2 and welcome

2017: I was initially staged as 1b2 (old Figo 1b1), eventually staged as 2a1 - see my back story. Five years later I’m still here and NED - no evidence of disease. It hasn’t been easy but it’s all doable; lots of us here with a range of experiences to share.

x

6 Likes

Its the: we have it, no we don’t, its 1a1, no, its 1a2, but we want to check it out. So really do not feel clear on anything. I keep having freak out moments and panics, and obsessively checking my medical record for more communication between hospitals and doctors. My Crohns is a devil I know, this is another demon. I feel the more I read the more scared I get. Sending hugs xx

1 Like

@Nadine66 on another note I totally understand your frustration but do not turn to Google etc to try and find answers to all the uncertainty, if you have a cns nurse speak to them as they are brilliant for reassurance and help xx

2 Likes

Hi there

So sorry to hear this. However let me reassure you. I was diagnosed 4 years ago. , the waiting for different tests was awful. Once I had a plan I was mentally fine. The treatment wasn’t as bad as I thought and I made a lot of friends who are still with me today. The tumour and lymph nodes were blasted and gone. That was four and a half years ago. A successes story. Please take comfort from this. Treat yourself during this time as if you are your own best friend. Fragrance free creams, food you want. Drink loads of water . Do what you want. I binged box sets and read books. That was my coping mechanism. This forum is great and kept me sane. I’m still as you can see am still on it now from time to time. Lots of love and positive vibes. Jackie x

6 Likes

Hi my lovely, i to was diagnosed 8 weeks ago with 1b1 and am going for a full radical hysterectomy on Wednesday, I’m terrified I can’t think straight but all of it’s happened so quickly which is a goo Thing just try stay strong and keep positive as I’m sure everyone is telling you though I know that’s definitely easier said than done , we will do this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:x

6 Likes

I was diagnised with cervical but it is small cell neuroendocrine aggressive but scans are worse time waiting. However mine is 1b but i thought it would be 3c but its not and 7cm tumor and lymph. I am on a very strong chemo cisplatin and etoposide which is working fantastic after only 2 cycles so much that i am going to get radio too alongside chemo. I was told palluative now its gone to curative. Thibgs change alobg the way so try not to spend you days worrying as they can do fantastic things now and ic mibe is working and its a killer worse one can get and no research hardly on it then you will be great once you get result of scans which are very scarey so i hope it works out for you as through this page i have got support from others in my position and helped me cope much better xx

3 Likes

Hey …. I know the waiting is just awful :disappointed: we’re all here for you . Mess me anytime :heart:My daughter was 22 when I was diagnosed and has been the most help to me . You will beat this :heart:

1 Like

Hi Jade,
Firstly welcome! This group has been a life line for all of us and you’ve done the right thing in reaching out. You’re not alone!
Without bombarding you with overwhelming scary information I with just say this… I was where you are now in August 21 and two weeks ago I was given the news I am NED (no evidence of disease)
This cancer can be cured! and you will get through this!!
Whether it’s the surgery, treatment or a bit of both route we are with you every step of the way…
Feel free to message me if you want to know my journey or I can help in any way xxxxx

3 Likes

Hi Jade sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Hope you have support around you and the woman on here are fabulous. There is a mcmillan forum as well with woman who have and are experiencing the same.

Im lisa ive just turned 36 and also have 2 children. I was diagnosed with 2b and my treatment plan was for chemoradiation which can sound quite daunting. I was petrified at first but one more treatment to go and im finished and im doing ok.

It may all be overwhelming at the moment and your emotions are likely to be all over the place but promise you will get through. You will find strength you never knew you had. Here if you want to talk xx

1 Like

Hi ladies, well I have had my results and I’m stage 2 unfortunately it spread to the right side of my vagina. Iv had a CT/PET scan today to see if it’s spread anywhere else so fingers crossed now I suppose.

They have said treatment wise it will be chemo / radiotherapy which wasn’t what I was hoping for but I’m grateful that it can be treated. Just in a bit of a whirl wind over everything atm.

Thank you so much for all your support xxxx

Hi forest fairy… Can you pm me please and telk me your story as this is a rare cancer and i would love to know your journey to date please… Thankyou… That is fantastuc you are ned x

@Jade2 I hope you are doing ok at the moment x

1 Like

I am thank you, now I have got around my diagnosis and treatment. Hope your ok too x

Thanks @Jade2 … still no app for the colposcopy so trying to put everything to the back of my mind at the mo x

Similar situation. Recent diagnosis and they think it’s 1A1 (adenocarcinoma) but having a repeat LLETZ to check there isn’t more and then a hysterectomy. I’ve got 2 babies…one is 2y4m, the other is 15wks. They found my cervical growth at a stretch and sweep at 40wks pregnant. I’m 36.
Hating all this and having every emotion possible several times a day. Happy for you to message me if you want a ‘recently diagnosed with young kids’ buddy. It’s definitely scary.