mini pill

Hi,

This is only my 2nd post, but i've been feeling much calmer after the support i received from my first post.

I could be way off here, but i wonder, has anyone else had an abnormal smear after taking the pill for a few years?  I have very recently discovered i am HPV+ and have always had normal smear results up until now -  i now have borderline abnormal cells.  I started taking the mini pill around 5 years ago.  I read that research carried out by the WHO found that prolonged use of oral contraception can increase the risk of CC in women who are HPV+

Am i reading too much into things and googling too much, or has anyone else heard of this?

Best wishes x

Hi jober,

It is true that cc shows a correlation of slightly higher risk with someone who takes the pill. But its also true that it shows a lower correlation with other types of cancer such as uterine.

Do discuss it with your consultant or GP. I'm sure they'll be happy to give you more information and talk to you about your own experience. 

Hi Lemon Lavender

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I'm driving myself mad with all the googling. You're absolutely right, I'll talk to my GP about it. 

Hope you have a lovely Friday planned ? x