Lletz under general ( ga )

Hi,

I just thought I’d put a post on here for anyone constantly checking this forum worrying like me!

I had my Lletz procedure under general this morning and if I knew it was going to be like this I wouldn’t have worried for months on end!!

Everyone at the hospital was lovely, I made it clear that I was terrified of needles so they looked after me and made me feel at ease. I did bleed so I was under for an hour, but they said you’re only usually asleep for 10-15 minutes so it’s really quick. Woke up feeling fine, I’ve got a few little cramps now that I’m home but far less than a period cramp for me to be honest.
The doctors explained everything to me before and after, even drew me a picture to reassure me.
Went in to the hospital at 7.30am and was home by 1.30pm - no real faff at all.

I would say if you’re worried about local anaesthetic then speak to your unit about general, I would pick this everytime!

Hope this managed to reassure any worry pots like me :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks that’s reassuring. I’ve had LLETZ under local but they’ve already said if I need another (thankfully not atm) it will need to be general. If so hopefully ok like yours x