Lletz Today...Terrified

Hi Ladies,

I have my Lletz today under GA for CIN3 and i'm absolutely petrified. For starters i've never been under general anaesthetic before so I have no idea what to expect and my hospital don't accomodate to have anybody with you so i'm going to be stuck there on my own all day and can't even have my partner there with me when I wake up. 

Does anyone know if its painful when you wake up as obviously under local the area in numb for a while but under general your just asleep?

Any reassurance would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi,

I had GA for lletz, you will be fine, a little scratch on hand and then it will be over and you will be waking up, I wasn't it pain, just some period type cramping, 

it wasn't painful at all, I was back at work next day,  that's awful that they won't allow anyone with you, let us know how you get on.xx

Hello. Just wanted to say good luck for today :) I have got my lletz treatment under GA tomorrow and couldnt sleep lastnight as I am so worried about it morr about the GA than the actual procedure as I have never had one before either.

please let us know how you get on and hope you arnt waiting around for to long x take care x

Thanks for your replies ladies. All went well but doctor said he'd have to wait for results to check on margins.

Rachylou it honestly wasnt as bad as I was expecting, the worst part was the waiting and the fact my stomach was growling so loud I was getting funny looks in the waiting room.

The anaesthetic was fine. I didn't need to count down or anything I was out like a light and waking up was a lot better than I expected and wasn't too groggy.

Hope all goes well tomorrow, let me know how you get on xxx

Thanks for your replies ladies. All went well but doctor said he'd have to wait for results to check on margins.

Rachylou it honestly wasnt as bad as I was expecting, the worst part was the waiting and the fact my stomach was growling so loud I was getting funny looks in the waiting room.

The anaesthetic was fine. I didn't need to count down or anything I was out like a light and waking up was a lot better than I expected and wasn't too groggy.

Hope all goes well tomorrow, let me know how you get on xxx

Aww thank you for letting me know how you got on... glad it all went well for you :) 

Eek my turn tomorrow so will let you know how i get on!

How long roughly were you in the hozi for?! 

xrachx

Was there in total for about 7 hours but there was a lot of waiting around as they kept switching the order everyone went in. Very unorganised at my hospital unfortunately xx

Thank you for getting back to me :) I thought it would roughly be around that long.

keep in touch... as I am sure over these next couple of weeks will be going through all the same things, so if you ever need someone to talk to you can always message me xxx

Thanks hun. Same to you xxx

Hey :) just thought I would let you know my lletz went well was a very long day as I was last on the list so didnt get home till gone midnight. Woke up from the GA feeling like I had a bit of an hangover ha but was fine after about half an hour and I am feeling ok today :) just getting a few very mild period style pains now and again... have to keep reminding myself that I need to take it easy for a couple days so I heal well xx

Hi hun, 

Glad all went well. I felt fine the day after and tried to carry on as normal but it'd knocked me today so definitely take it easy xxx

Hi girls...how are we? I had my lletz today too. Was so nervous my ibs was playing up and had an anxiety attack at home before my appointment. I'm a very nervous person and on anti depressants. The adrenalin there was not good for me at all but DR turner was lovely And it was over quite quickly.Was quite shakey after but that's the norm I guess. Does anyone else really hate that speculum??

Hi Jodes.

Glad it went ok for you the other day. How are you feeling now? I've just gone back to work today as i've been in a lot of pain but my procedure was a bit more invasive than most I was told.

I know what you mean about the speculum. I'm happily looking forward to 6 months without one of those things coming anywhere near me :)

Hope your all ok ladies xx

Hiya Fiona :)

Not as bad as I thought I would be. I rested after and just been chilling. I don't seem to have much blood - was warned I could have bleeding up to a month?

Did you get given the gel? I've been using that the past few nights since and just seem to have (tmi here probably) a discharge.

That speculum...ugh. hopefully that's it for me too. You awaiting on the lettz results now? xx

Hey girls :) just thought I would send a quick message to see how you's are doing after your lletz, hope you's are feeling ok.

Love x rach x

Hey Girls.

No Jodes I didn't get given an gel or anything and I think i've got an infection now but my stupid doctors won't see me until tomorrow! So I'm quite sore and the bleeding has got a lot heavier over the last day or two. Yes just awaiting my results now. My biopsy results came back CIN3 so I'm just hoping my Lletz results are consistent with that and that the margins are clear now.

How are you feeling Rach? I didn't last a full day at work on Friday, I couldn't sit down for long enough in one position! Downside of an office job.

Hope your both ok xx

Aww sorry to hear you think you might have an infection :( hope the docs get it sorted for you.

I am deeling great not had any pain at the moment I am kind of just waiting for something to happen.. a week tomorrow it is since I had it done and I dont know about you but time is dragging so much.

did they tell you how long you have to wait for your results?! My hospital was pretty rubbish as they didnt really tell me anything, I didnt even see the dr who was doing my lletz at all and thought he would of come round when I was on the ward to explain things to me. Xxx

Lucky you! lol i've been in agony since but I guess thats down to the infection. I've just been prescribed with some antibiotics to help clear it.

They just said 4-6 weeks for the results. Thats awful that you didn't meet the doctor. I met him about an hour before I was put under and then he came round after to explain how the surgery had gone xx