Just upgraded from 2b to 3c and feeling gutted

Had an MRI a few weeks ago and met with my oncologist who suggested it was 2b, but would confirm with the PET/CT scan. Just met with my radiologist this morning annnnnd nope, it’s in pelvic lymph nodes. Upgraded to 3c and I’m just…feeling so damn terrified.

Looking for positive stories or just…I dunno, links to cute animals or meditation videos that helped you, or something to help me stop crying. What an absolute shit day <3.

Not news that anyone wants to hear. I was upgraded from stage 1 to stage 3 after i had already had the radical hysterectomy and it was found in 5 lymph nodes on pathology. So i know how it feels.

However that predated PET scans because it was 1997, the year Princess Diana passed away.

So i have survived quarter of a century so far. I hope that helps!

Karen x

7 Likes

Thanks Karen, that’s definitely encouraging! Feeling a bit better today about things, but it’s for sure a rollercoaster I’d rather not be on. Thankfully my care team is moving very quickly, and there’s less waiting than originally expected. The CT scan to get my radiation tattoos was supposed to be next week, and I just got the call it was bumped up to today. I’m going to choose to consider this as fantastic news and not worrisome :sweat_smile:.

Thanks for the encouragement and here’s hoping!

• Lindsey
3 Likes

Oof, aaaaand I tested positive for Covid today. It’s been a rough week! Gosh, I hope this doesn’t delay anything.

I dont think the covid is a bad thing. You will have tip top immunity when you start your treatment. One less thing to batter you during treatment.

Karen

1 Like

Thanks Karen, definitely trying to view it as such! Just sad I don’t get to see my folks before treatment starts, and a bit worried as they can no longer give me the iron IV they said I needed, prior. I’ll be able to sneak one of the three in though, so that’s good.

But, the other good thing is that I got my bivalent vaccine last week, and don’t seem to be getting very sick, so I’ll take it!

1 Like

Completely doable I was in a similar situation and now 2 years post treatment stay positive keep fighting. Regarding treatment mine was in the peak of covid so had to attend every appointment, test and scan alone. I built up my immunity before it started as much as I could. I took plenty of sweets drinks and snacks with me and just picked at them through the chemo sessions. Starburst helped to keep my mouth moist as chemo made it feel dry. On chemo days be prepared for long days when you start your journey the weeks ahead seem like a marathon but it will pass quickly. I was never sick but often felt it. I kept a packet of dry biscuits by my bed for during the night and first thing in the morning sounds silly but really helped. You will be given anti sickness meds and steroids at the hospital before chemo and some to take home. I stopped taking the steroids I spoke to my consultant first and told her they wiped me out I coped much better without them. Wishing you all the best.

1 Like

Hope you are feeling a little better today. I am a bit ahead of you. Was diagnosed in May. Had attempted hysterectomy in July. Found it had spread to lymph nodes. Removed lymph nodes and sewed me back up. Started treatments in September. 5 weeks radiation 5 chemo treatments followed by 3 brachytherapy treatments. Will have pet scan in January to see how it all worked. Until then, feeling stronger each day and praying for a good outcome.

3 Likes

Thanks @Petesdragon! Was a rough week but coming round the bend and Covid didn’t get too bad, thankfully. Starting chemo/rads in Tuesday and alternating between panic and relief that it’s all going to be happening.

Thanks @Petal14. I appreciate the kind words and encouragement. Trying to spend as much time meditating as possible and avoiding google. It’s hard, but I keep reminding myself I’ve got a good team. I’ll be isolated in treatment until December 15, but can’t imagine doing this all alone. You’re a strong human! Also, thanks for all the tips. :heart:

Hi @Susanb. It’s an awful thing, but it’s still comforting to know others are going through this crap too. Will be crossing all my fingers and toes for your clear scan results in January. I’m feeling…maybe not better, less full blown panicky. Just mildly panicky. Now I just need to figure out how the heck to sleep at night leading up to this.

It’s all very scary and you have every right to be terrified. It’s the unknown and every situation is unique. Cry when you need to cry…I cried every day! Once your treatments starts, it goes by pretty fast. The hardest part is the waiting. Take one day at a time and you will be surprised at how strong you are. You may think you can’t do this but you can! Pray each morning for strength and grace to get through another day. You got this!

1 Like

Stay focused. This can cure you forever! Its worth it!

Good luck

Karen

1 Like

Starting treatment tomorrow, wish me luck! I’m scared shitless :sweat_smile:

Good luck. You’ll do great. Stay strong! You got this. :heart::pray:

1 Like

Good luck. Treatment starting makes a big psychological difference.

1 Like

Huge good luck for your treatment tomorrow xx

1 Like

I know this feeling lovely, I was staged 2b then upgraded to 3c1 due to lymph node involvement. I was terrified!!! I got my diagnosis 1 year ago today infact. It seems like the world has just came crashing down around you but you can get through this. I had 5 rounds of chemo, 25 rounds of radiotherapy and 3 brachytherapy back in feb/March. Never ever thought I would come out the other side but I did. I got NED back in July/august. This forum helped me so much I was never off here as it made me feel less anxious hearing about everybody’s good outcomes. Always hear if you need someone to talk to. Fingers crossed for you xxx

3 Likes

You will be fine. You will be in great hands xx

2 Likes