Is chemo/rads treatment likely?

Hi all,

I've been recently diagnosed with cc, I dont know the stage yet as the original biopsy was too small so I'm going in Tuesday to have another biopsy done under general anaesthetic.

Surprisingly I am positive about the diagnosis as the consultant did say it was early stages and told me that I will be okay which is very reassuring and I realise I am one of the lucky ones. He did say that I will definitely need a radical hysterectomy but hasnt mentioned chemotherapy or radiotherapy yet. 

I suppose I am just wondering how common chemo/rad treatment is in the early stages as I'd like to be prepared mentally if it is a likelihood.

It depends on a few things. If you have a small tumor ( up to 4 cm) without lymphe node involvement or vaginal/parametrium involvement they will most likely give you a radical hysterectomy.

If the tumor.is larger then 4 cm, or if you have lymphe nodes involved or if the tumor is extended in your vaginal wall and or parametrium then chemorads is the preferred treatment. 

It all depends on how big, where and if your lymphe nodes are.involved or not. Also, sometimes a belts and braces approach is applied when there is lvsi present or if the cells are highly aggressive. Sometimes chemorads are then given after surgery. 

Thank you so much for your reply, that makes it all a bit more understandable for me as to why it hasnt been mentioned at this point, really appreciate you taking the time as right now it's all so confusing.

I've been diagnosed with 2a. I'm waiting the mdt meeting to inform me of treatment. 

MRI stare 1 Lymph node involvement.

PET/CT scan has said multiple. 

2.4mm/9mm tumour.