I think i have cervical cancer (please give me advice :(

Hi,

I would really appreciate someone to talk to as i am going out my mind. Im even causing rifts between my family as they all think im mad.

i just wanted to message the site as i am in exactly the same position as a lot of people on here ! i have just turned 24. Been bleeding after sex and between periods for the last year. Abnornmal discharge smelly (for me), severve back and leg pain and bad stomach cramps like im always on my period. Refused a smear over n over again by gp. Begged for a referal to gyno. Went in dec and she literally fobbed me off saying is probably hormones and i had a small erosion which she cauterized and said it was this and had a feel of me internally n said felt ok. For 2 weeks i felt great and now all the symptoms have come bk but worse plus spotting. Never offered me a smear AGAIN. Had ultrasoud and was all clear which i new would be as they only checked my ovaries. I literally cant sleep or eat i feel sick with worry!! Rang bk today and they said they will try to refer me again but they are not taking me seriously at all. It feels like theres an excuse for everything!! I no my body and i have been like this since nov. So nearly 3 monthw now. I just no i may have CC as all my symptoms are exactly what it is. I feel hurrendous! Iv booked a private colposcopy for 2 weeks who will take a sample of my cervix and see what the hell is going on but im preparing for the worst :frowning:

I keep wondering if the erosion was cancer. I cant get out of this depression cloud im under.

I would be very grateful for some advice

Thanks
Leah

Xx

I don't have any advice but I really hope the private colposcopy can put your mind at rest. It is so hard when we feel like we are being ignored :(

are you going through the same hun? because we are young we arent taken seriously. so worrird am praying il be ok :(((

Leah its also possible you have a bad infection that has been lingering a long time so please try stay positive and go get your colposcopy done. you can't go on the way you have been not knowing because it's going to stress you out terribly, the colposcopy is fine as well ... they just open the cervix and take a look to see whats going on n maybe take a punch biopsy which is fine. you will get sorted x

Can I ask how you booked a private one as iv been looking into the same x

elaine thank you for your response i really appreciate it. Iv had swabs taken for STD's all clear but my symptoms are also same as Pelvic inflamtory aswell so im hoping its something like that but im just thinking its cancer. My colposcopy is in 2 weeks so i have to try to be patient until then. xxx

and i m not sure where you live but if you google private colposcopys in your area it should bring it up.im going to BMI in manchester xx