Hpv found

Hello all

I am new to the forum, i gathered the courage to have my smear test done received my results today saying HPV positive and no abnormal cells, i have been invited to repeat smear test next year (12 months) im actually worried sick now i am 32 have 3 children, i lost my beautiful mum last year to ovarian cancer and i am just sinking into depression. Has anyone else had something similar? Is there anything i can do to help clear up.

Hey there, I’m just coming by to tell you, you aren’t alone! I’m 30 and had my first abnormal (ASCUS) pap smear this year. I also was diagnosed with high risk hpv for the first time ever. It was so hard at first. I was very scared and felt so gross. But those feelings will fade, your doctor will keep an eye on things and hopefully your body will kick the HPV. Quitting smoking and limiting alcohol consumption are two of the best things you can do as well as eating more healthy foods and exercising. I know some people take AHCC supplements and other things but I don’t have the money for expensive supplements right now. Basically cruciferous veggies (especially broccoli sprouts!) and red and purple fruits and veggies are some of the best things you can consume to fight cancer or precancer (thankfully you’re not at that point and hopefully you won’t ever be!) and they’re great for your immunity. Also green tea. Try not to stress too much (I know, easier said than done), the news will fade over time.

1 Like

I had my first positive pap in 4/2021.
I just got the results back from my 7th Pap smear and it’s positive too (4/2023). I’ve had two colposcopies. The first one was abnormal and the second one was normal. However, I feel completely deflated by the latest results. How long is this virus going to take up residence in my body? Anyone else been battling this long?

1 Like

Last April HPV and abnormal cells were found, I was in a terrible place with this news. I’ve just had my follow up smear and everything is clear. I have a healthy diet and don’t smoke and started taking vitamins. Try not to worry when I spoke to the doctor about HPV she explained it’s extremely common and should clear up. I know it’s hard not to worry xx

5 Likes

Hi there, thank you for the positive update. HPV positive and no abnormal cell changes were found on my smear March 2022 and March 2023. I have colposcopy the end of May. I have no symptom but worried sick thinking about what could be found…

Hi, i am currently in the same position, 3 years of HPV and my colposcopy on Monday… really anxious at the moment

I had the same exact situation. How was your colposcopy? Mine is scheduled for june 30th.

Really sorry mine is Monday 19th so I will let you know. Thankfully 1st thing

Are you going on your own or taking your partner/husband?

Hi ladies, the colposcopy went fine, easier than smear at GPs to be honest. They said all looked fine but they took biopsies which i havent received results of yet. I found it sore when the nurse took the biopsy and when it was all over i got so overwhelmed and cried. I had been worrying about it for weeks and i think i was just relieved it was over. I have to go back in a year and have a smear in the colposcopy unit rather than at my GPs. The nurse gave me a leaflet about some pessaries that i could try to help clear the HPV. Overall, the experience was fine, I brought my husband but in hindsight i wouldnt have bothered but do what you have to do to get through it. Wishing you both positive experiences,xx

1 Like

I am going with my mom lol. My husband saod he would go but i dont want him to see tbat much of me. Last year with my results i told him about it. It was a month before we got married. I was married before him…and i was so upset and worried he wouldn’t want to be with me. He said for all we know he could have given it to me from his past partners. Heis supportove but i also dont want to force him to come. Good luck. I read that if there is no spots they wont biopsy it. My mom worked for a gyno for many years so she has helped me woth a lot of this

So please it went well for you.

Im going on my own, just pretty upset that my husband hasnt asked if I would like him to go Been married 25 years as well…

Hello going throygh this now was pos has a negative colposcopy now i am stil pos ans have to go to get another colposcopy done. It is so scary and i want this to be over because while i know they say its unlikley to be cancer that is all my mind thinks about

1 Like

Hi i recently had a smear test and it came back hpv no abnormal cells so repeat in 1 year. I absolutley panicked and have not stopped googling since… the first week i found out i was so upset and couldn’t get it out my mind, now 3 weeks on and just getting on with it. A year seems along time to wait ive just turned 31 and have read online in your 30’s its harder to get rid of it.

I literally had the same situation and they told me becuase i am 30 i had to have a repaet. In May i hit my uear and had a repeat.same results so now i have to have a colposcopy…

Ohh really. Hopefully it goes this time round, fingers crossed for you…

Im so nervous. Im upset too because i have made lifestyle changes the last 9 months to be healthier and it didn’t help push the virus out.

What life style changes did you make? I vape and ive stopped that altho its really hard. Started taking multivitamins, i already follow a slimming world plan anyway i just need to be mote consisitant with it. when is ur colposcopy? Hopefully that will get rid of it my friend had hpv and abnormal cells she had the cells removed and her hpv went within 6 months x

1 Like

I started working out 3 days a week and sticking to a balanced diet. But the last month i have been slacking on those so badly. Ive been so exhausted. I have a friend in that same position as well. I know its all treatable. Its just the unknown that sucks. I had to rescmike for next friday since i started my period this week.