Hpv 3 years, awaiting 4th results

Hi there, im new here :wave: ive now had positive hpv results for 3 years but with no abnormal cells detected but on my third i got sent for a colposcopy, they then did a biopsy which showed cin 1, these abnormal cells were not picked up on any of my smear tests the last 3 years. Ive just had my 4th smear and am waiting for the results, im not sure why my body cant get rid of the hpv, im on immunosuppressants now due to having psoriatic arthritis but thats a fairly recent thing, i cant help but worry especially knowing those dodgy cells are there, sorry for the long post x

7 Likes

Iโ€™m new here too, have similar story. HPV for 4/5years now with no sign of it going and have been called to go the the colposcopy clinic again (2nd time past three years). Is so frustrating to not be able to get rid of the HPV isnโ€™t it? And have it for so long I think Iโ€™m quite healthy but canโ€™t seem to get rid. I spoke with a lady on the help one who really jelped. She said to not worry so much about the HPV,but keep an eye more on changes in the cervix. Keep getting tested and checked. I feel for you, having a tough time. What does CIN1 mean btw?

4 Likes

Hi laura, yes very similar story to mine i had 3 positive hpv results then had the colposcopy and biospy which showed the cin 1 abnormal cells, they are graded 1 2 and 3, 3 being the higher ones, i dont know what level of hpv ive had these last 3 years either i wasnt even aware there was different types, i called the docs today and my results are in but the doc hasnt looked at them yet, i think ill request speaking to gynaecology, part of me just wants a hysterectomy as drastic as it sounds i hate knowing there is a risk of developing cancer. It is so frustrating not being able to clear it isnt it, i think im worrying more this time as i know i have abnormal cells there, so sorry youโ€™re going through it too, having the one colposcopy and biopsy was bad enough so i feel for you having to have it several times.

5 Likes

Hello, I am Korean, so please understand that I cannot speak English. First of all, Iโ€™m sorry. Itโ€™s only been a year since I was infected with HPV, and Iโ€™m in the same situation as you. There was a virus, the magnifying glass was normal, but the biopsy showed CIN1. When I looked through the papers, there is no complete treatment that can be done separately at our stage. And it is said that hpv and gardnerella bacteria are closely related. I actually have vaginitis symptoms. So I will assume that hpv is not gone yet until the vaginitis is cured. All we can do in the current situation is to live a healthy life, but of course the process is very painful, but I think that if you keep your mind at ease, your body will also be at ease. I hope you donโ€™t stress too much and think that it will get better someday before you know it. Letโ€™s not all get sick. Because we are precious. We will definitely get better! I wonโ€™t lose to a virus or anything like that.

์•ˆ๋…•, ๋‚˜๋Š” ํ•œ๊ตญ์ธ์ด๋ผ ์˜์–ด๋ฅผ ๋ชปํ•˜๋Š” ์  ์–‘ํ•ด๋ฅผ ๊ตฌํ•œ๋‹ค. ๋จผ์ € ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด. ๋‚˜๋Š” hpv์— ๊ฐ์—ผ๋œ์ง€ ๊ณ ์ž‘ 1๋…„์ฐจ์ธ๋ฐ, ๋„ˆ๋ž‘ ์ƒํ™ฉ์ด ๋˜‘๊ฐ™์•„. ๋ฐ”์ด๋Ÿฌ์Šค๋Š” ์žˆ๊ณ , ํ™•๋Œ€๊ฒฝ์€ ์ •์ƒ ํŒ์ •์„ ๋ฐ›์•˜๋Š”๋ฐ ์กฐ์ง๊ฒ€์‚ฌ๋กœ๋Š” CIN1์„ ๋ฐ›์•˜์–ด. ๋‚ด๊ฐ€ ๋…ผ๋ฌธ์„ ์ฐพ์•„๋ณด์•˜์„ ๋• ์šฐ๋ฆฌ ๋‹จ๊ณ„์—์„œ ๋”ฐ๋กœ ํ•  ์ˆ˜ ์žˆ๋Š” ์™„์ „ํ•œ ์น˜๋ฃŒ๋ฒ•์€ ์—†์–ด. ๊ทธ๋ฆฌ๊ณ  hpv๋ž‘ ๊ฐ€๋“œ๋„ค๋ ๋ผ ๊ท ์ด ๋ฐ€์ ‘ํ•œ ๊ด€๊ณ„๊ฐ€ ์žˆ๋‹ค๊ณ  ํ•ด. ๋‚˜๋Š” ์‹ค์ œ๋กœ ์งˆ์—ผ์ฆ์ƒ์ด ์žˆ๊ฑฐ๋“ . ๊ทธ๋ž˜์„œ ๋‚˜๋Š” ์งˆ์—ผ์ด ๋‚˜์„ ๋•Œ๊นŒ์ง„ ์•„์ง hpv๊ฐ€ ์—†์–ด์ง„ ๊ฒŒ ์•„๋‹ˆ๋ผ๊ณ  ์ƒ๊ฐํ• ๊ฑฐ์•ผ. ์šฐ๋ฆฌ๊ฐ€ ์ง€๊ธˆ ์ƒํ™ฉ์—์„œ ํ•  ์ˆ˜ ์žˆ๋Š” ๊ฑด ๊ฑด๊ฐ•ํ•˜๊ฒŒ ์‚ฌ๋Š” ๊ฒƒ ๋ฟ์ด์ง€๋งŒ, ๋ฌผ๋ก  ๊ทธ ๊ณผ์ •์€ ๋ฌด์ฒ™ ๊ดด๋กญ์ง€๋งŒ, ๋งˆ์Œ์ด๋ผ๋„ ํŽธํ•˜๊ฒŒ ์žˆ์–ด์•ผ ๋ชธ๋„ ํŽธํ•ด์งˆ๊ฑฐ๋ผ ์ƒ๊ฐํ•ด. ๋„ˆ๋ฌด ์ŠคํŠธ๋ ˆ์Šค๋ฅผ ๋ฐ›์ง€ ๋ง๊ณ , ๋‚˜๋„ ๋ชจ๋ฅด๋Š” ์ƒˆ์— ์–ธ์  ๊ฐ€๋Š” ๋‚˜์„๊ฑฐ๋ผ๊ณ  ์ƒ๊ฐํ•˜๋ฉด ์ข‹๊ฒ ์–ด. ์šฐ๋ฆฌ ๋ชจ๋‘ ์•„ํ”„์ง€๋ง์ž. ์šฐ๋ฆฐ ์†Œ์ค‘ํ•˜๋‹ˆ๊นŒ. ์šฐ๋ฆฌ๋Š” ๋ถ„๋ช…ํžˆ ๋‚˜์„๊ฑฐ์•ผ! ๊ณ ์ž‘ ๋ฐ”์ด๋Ÿฌ์Šค ๋”ฐ์œ„ํ•œํ…Œ ์ง€์ง€ ์•Š์„๊ฑฐ์•ผ.

6 Likes

Hello i sympathise- i cannot clear HPV am on immunosupressants have been on them for 20yrs cant live without them. Lletz Cin 3 removed and then abnormal bleeding post menopause so hysteroscope, then smear and CIN 1 found, now on inspection not enough cervix left to keep trying to remove cells, and potentially its moved further up transformation zone. Active HPV infectionโ€ฆeverytime a smear done yearly due to the CIN. Awaiting hysterectomy. I feel quite alone- no one seems to be in same boat! If you canโ€™t clear HPV because you need to take immunosupressants- itโ€™s a worry. Still not cancer- so thats something. My generation never got chance for the HPV vaccine jab. Lets hope the future it will eradicate HPV. Its miserable. Take care - you are not alone x

2 Likes

Soundโ€™s like youโ€™ve had a terrible time with it bless ya, i completely understand where youre coming from i cant not take my immunosuppressants either, it helps with one thing but can create problems elsewhere, i really help you get it all sorted soon, i missed the hpv vaccination too as im 34 it wasnt about when i was at school, thank you youโ€™re not alone either x

2 Likes

Hi my daughter is in the same situation as you, low grade changes after colonoscopy , no abnormal cells on smear, she has bee taking papillex and AHCC since and will get another smear in June we are hoping that by then it will be gone

Sorry I meant to put colposcopy

Iโ€™ve had 3 years of HPV and went to the hospital last year for a colposocy. Been told that I will be called again to the hospital for the smear this year. I havenโ€™t let me husband near me in 3 years as if has just put me completely off sex plus I am premenopausal. Do you use protection?

1 Like

I am one of those people who just cannot shake off HPV. Initially I tested positive in 2019. Since then my smears have been HPV positive with no abnormal cells. My worry is this:

In October 2022 I had a HPV positive smear with no abnormal cells found. However, I was invited for colposcopy which revealed CIN1 on biopsy. My last smear in December 2023 was the same result (HPV positive, no abnormal cells), but this time I have not been invited for colposcopy.

It seems to me that colposcopy picks up abnormal cells that can be missed by smear tests. Given my persistent HPV and previous CIN1, should I be getting referred for colposcopy again rather than a repeat smear in 12 months?? Who knows??

1 Like

Hi, i was exactly the same it was the colposcopy and biopsy that picked up the cin 1 cells not the smear, i had my 4th smear expecting the same results if im honest but ive just had the all clear after 3 years, no hpv or abnormal cells. Not due for another smear for 3 years but i think thats way too long really, i would speak to your gp or contact gynaecology about another colposcopy if im honest

1 Like

Oh bless you, no i dont use protection other than the pill, but i just had my results and im all clear no hpv or abnormal cells, after having hpv for so long its now gone. Not due for another smear for 3 years now but i think thsts too long to wait though, really hope yours clears up too

Bless her, i juat had the all clear no hpv and the cells have gone, after so long its juat disappeared, not another smear for 3 years now but i think ill request one sooner juat because of all the issues before, really hope your daughters clears up too

1 Like

Iโ€™m just worried that if it has cleared up that I will get it again. My poor husband has been so understanding, hopefully when I have my next smear it will have cleared x

1 Like

So pleased that yours have come back clear this year x

1 Like

Hi everybody
Just wondering how old you all are if you are okay with sharing I would appreciate it, and I think it helps people visiting the forums as we hear a lot about how age is related to persistence
However I have just posted (check my profile) about some numbers of clearing HPV after 30 x

Hey clover, im 34 x

1 Like

Thank you for sharing that Louby :heart:

1 Like

Hey, Iโ€™ve been the same! I think some pie owl just canโ€™t shake that HPV.

I have had yearly smears for 5 years due to HPV. Within that time Iโ€™ve had abnormal cells removed twice. The second time was November 2023 where I had a lletz procedure, that turned out to be cervical cancer stage 1. Frustratingly, they said that cells take a long time to turn to cancer so they must have been missed during my smears.
I had a second Lletz procedure in January and have just today been sent a letter to tell me that no cancer was found, so relieved after an awful few months of worry.

However the next plan is to have a smear in 6 months and of I still have HPV I will be offered a hysterectomy.

Hope youโ€™re ok, I just wanted to share my journey. HPV is so common and it seems lots of ladies seem to struggle to fight it off x

1 Like

Hi everyone
Thought I would share my story as I feel as if Iโ€™m the only one!
First abnormal smear 2021 monitor for year
Check up 2022 CIN3 Lletz
Check up November 2022 still abnormal cells
Check up 6 months still abnormal cells continue to monitor
So Iโ€™m still HPV+ and go for 6 monthly smears and colposcopies, my next one due in just over a week, so fed up of them (I know theyโ€™re important and monitoring the cells)
Iโ€™m 35 have 2 children always considered myself to be healthy and active