HPV & Abnormal Cells

Hi Everyone,

I have been HPV positive for 3 years now, I have just had my 3rd smear test result and it is still HPV positive but also now abnormal cells. I am waiting for a colposcopy. Has anyone had this and it’s been cervical cancer?
How long did you wait for the colposcopy to be done.

Thanks
Chloe

Hey Chloe
Sorry to hear you’ve had a disappointing result
Did your letter say what grade of changes you have? That is your starting point xx

Hi Chloe,

You’re not alone. :slightly_smiling_face: Big hugs.

I had my 3rd HPV+ smear no abnormal cells in December and went for my colposcopy today. Even though the smears taken previously showed no cell changes, the colposcopy did show a few areas in which there may be something going on. Two biopsies have been taken so will wait to hear back in 4-8 weeks. I had to wait 6 weeks for my colposcopy appointment.

Sadly this isn’t my first rodeo. Ive had previous CIN1, 2 and 3, also many biopsies and LLETZ treamtent. I had been clear for many years, until 3 years ago when the smears came back positive again.

If there is anything I’ve learnt, it’s to stay positive and understand that I have no control about what the results will be. I know it’s a rollercoaster of emotions with ups and downs. My NHS Trust sent out information with my appointment containing a number I could call if I had any questions.

Fingers crossed someone here will be able to answer your questions better than I can, but I hope I’ve helped you with a few things.

x

2 Likes

Hi all,
I’m 29 and it’s 3 years I’m HPV + (high risk type) at first I had 2 type and now just 1 left (type 52)

I did regular smear every 6 months +hpv test and 2 years ago I did colposcopy+ samples (diagnosed with CIL1 or low grade changes)

I took 3 dose of the vaccine and my doctor just said stay calm, take immune system vitamins, vitamin C and D.

Now wanna know if I need to do regular Colposcopy too? As my doctor doesn’t request that.

And for CIP1 do I need to do any removal of the abnormal cells? Or sth like that?

Just

Hi Sarah
I can see u haven’t had a reply yet
Where do you live? I think England wales Scotland CIN1 is monitor every 12 months, it’s good you are trying things to help heal x