First smear and HPV positive

Hi all!

Just looking for some advice/reassurance.. anything really!

I'm 24, mum of 4 beautiful little girls.

I had my first smear in January and I have just recieved my results. I am HPV with no cell changes. 
I have been with my husband since I was 18 so this has come as a huge shock to us both.

Last year my GP has concerns as I had a spell where I was bleeding after sex and between periods. I had 2 doctors tell me I need an early smear, one doctor however said I didn't need one. Now 8months later I've found out I'm HPV pos!

Can anyone tell me their stories/experiences with HPV positive tests. This is my first test, so my mind is all over the place. 

Thank you so much in advance! X

Hello Lucyli95

It is a shock for you but it's good that there are no cell changes. Were you aware that the new screening tests for hpv first? 4 in 5 people have hpv in their lifetime & it can lie dormant for many years. The information pages in this website are very informative & the helpline is also good. Have you also tried the Ask the expert service? Lots of ladies on here have similar experiences to yours. Have you spoken to your gp to ask what will hapoen next? Are they going to refer you for more tests? You are not alone!