Dilators and sex

Hi all

I’m just over 3 months post treatment, chemorads and brachy. I started using the dilators after 6 weeks and have been using them every other day for 10 minutes, according to the nurse’s instructions. I’m ok with 1 and 2, although my cervix seems to be a good inch lower than before (sorry, tmi). 3 is only just tolerable at the entrance. Sex is impossible. I’m getting cross and anxious about the lack of progress as I seem to have been stuck at this stage for over a month. I’m not experiencing bleeding and have oodles of lube - it’s just that nothing fits and I’m beginning to think it’s never going to improve. Am I being impatient or should I be accepting this is the new me? Sorry for the rather personal info, but if I can’t share with you ladies, who can I!

Anne x

Hi Annelouise :-)

Absolutely! If you can't share it with us then who? Of course you can share it with us! No such thing as TMI on this site :-)
Sorry I can't help with the dilator questions except that I read some women go and get themselves nicer toys from places like Ann Summers

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Thanks Tivoli :-)

x

Hi Annlouise 

I'm one of those ladies that went and bought something that was way more comfortable to use and that alone made it easier to be a little more ..... hmmm, I guess the right word is aggressive. If 3 is just tolerable at the entrance then get something similar in size to that but make sure it is flexible.

I found the hardness of the dialators really hurt And made the whole thing very uncomfortable.  My cervix is also a lot shorter then before but in order to stretch everything out you do have to be a bit more forceful but without causing pain. Some discomfort is actually needed to stretch things a bit.

As for time wise I'm only doing my deed (lol) for about 4-5 minutes in the shower about 2x a week. We usually manage sex 1 time a week and I'm sore after but it has gotten so much better. 

:)

Thank Lolli. Looks like a better, more flexible, purchase would be a good idea - I'll have a look online. It's a relief to hear someone say it has got better.

Anne x