Critical illness claim stage 1

Hello this is my first post but I’ve been here for a while reading everyone’s stories and it has brought me lots of reassurance and comfort.

I was diagnosed with stage 1 (1a2) a few months ago. I have decided not to have a hysterectomy yet in the hope I can convince a child pretty quickly and then my oncologist will take me for a hysterectomy shortly after birth. It seems a bit surreal to be honest. I am having my lymph nodes removed next week. My consultant is confident my cancer has been removed with 2 cone biopsies. My cancer measured at 3.2mm I’m sure.

I am sorry if this offends anyone but I’m hoping someone can help. I have had to take a bit of time off of work (I am a supply teacher so only get paid when I work) to deal with 2 cone biopsy’s (I had a few complications) and now more time off for my lymph node removal. I have critical illness cover and my claim was put in 3 months ago but aviva keep requesting more information. I am very anxious as I’m relying on this to get me through treatment.
I’ve read a few things about that they’ll only pay out if I have a hysterectomy which seems very unfair as I will be having one in the near future and I’m essentially putting myself at a (small) risk. Has anyone had a claim rejected? My smear was also late due to covid and I’m worried that will impact me.

Thank you in advance