Colposcopy results

I had my first smear test at the beginning of December 2016 with the results saying high grade dyskaryosis (moderate). I had my colposcopy a couple weeks later where they took a biopsy. This morning I received the results which said that “there is no significant abnormality. However, in view of the discrepancy between the smear results and the biopsy results they will review in their monthly meetings and will inform me of the outcome, in some cases a treatment may be required.”

Slightly overthinking now that they are surprised that the biopsy didn’t show anything? Has anyone ever had this type of letter before and what did it mean?

Thanks

Hi :) I didnt get a letter like that, but I was told moderate abnormal cells and then once my biopsy came back, it showed normal. Which was strange. My doc said it's rare, but sometimes happens that way. Most people that appear as having at least moderate, will also show up with same or higher on biopsy. I was told it could be that our abnormal cells we're shedding and maybe the pap got the rest of them in the swab?? I am sure all is ok!!

Thank you for your reply, I am pretty confident that it'll all be fine, still haven't received any further information or letters so still confused! More confused than worried now just frustrating!