CIN3 - Very nervous!

Hi Ladies! 

I had my colposcopy biopsy results back as CIN3 and I’ve been asked to come back to discuss treatment. The letter says that I may receive treatment on the day (Wednesday 21st) 

The few questions I have are:

Will they perform Lletz or a cone biopsy to remove the cells? 

I’ve been having problems for a few months including discharge and bleeding for nearly 4 months, very painful intercourse with post coital bleeding, a horrible pain in my leg, and a pressure in my lower left abdomen that feels like somebody is just constantly pressing their nail into me! and Could they have missed anything sinister with the biopsies that they’ve taken?

How long will I bleed for after the treatment? 

How did everyone feel after their treatment? Ie tired, sore?

There has been no mention of the HPV virus - how will I know if I have it?  

Beth x 

Hi Beth

sorry to hear you are going through all of this. It is a very worrying time. When I was first diagnosed with CIN3 I was also terrified and thought that they had missed something and was convinced I had cancer (I have 3 daughter) I was terrified I wouldn’t see them grow up etc etc. When I went for my 1st colposcopy the doctor and nurse where absolutely amazing and even let my husband come In During the procedure. They explained everything that was happening and the doctor explained what she thought it was and reassured me that it was only precancerous but she performed the lletz there and then. The procedure itself was absolutely fine. A little discomfort due to the position of my cervix but I didn’t even feel the injection with anaesthetic. I was a bit crampy afterwards but went back to work the next day. I’ve recently just had another lletz (less than a week ago) following a biopsy diagnosing CIN2 and again the procedure was absolutely fine. No pain. Although this time I have developed an infection so now on antibiotics And a few days off work (I’m a nurse so work long 12 hour days on my feet all of the time).  They will more than likely dona lletz as a cone biopsy is done under general anaesthetic and you would have to have a pre op appointment before treatment.

Good luck and hope this has helped

lyndsey