CIN2 Letter

Had first smear in Dec '23, found HPV and abnormal cells, went for colposcopy last month, and now received a letter saying

‘This has been reported as showing mild and moderate abnormality of the cells of the cervix, also known as CIN1 and CIN2’.

‘An appointment has been made for you to discuss the results, I have included a leaflet of what may happen on that day’

Just wondering if anyone had similar, and if LLETZ was performed on that day, or if I could ask for conservative management, I’m 24 and have no risk factors, just don’t know if I have to prepare to have LLETZ at that appointment or not, stressed to bits, this whole saga has been so anxiety-provoking!!

Hello! Yes, the whole experience causes a lot of anxiety. I had similar results (CIN2) from my very first smear too - I’m 26 now.

When you go to the appointment they discuss everything with you. They take you into a consultation room first and you have a chat with the Dr. You get the choice to have the procedure and my Dr gave me the option for conservative management. I believe this means having a colposcopy every 6 months. It’s completely your choice and it’s definitely an option if you would prefer conservative management! I chose to have the lletz in the end but I was definitely considering the conservative management too. Just raise any concerns with the Dr and you can choose how to move forward :blush: x