CIN 3 and adenocarcinoma with glandular cell involvement

hey ladies... thought I would jump in here. I have had a colposcopy which showed CIN 3 and adenocarcinoma with glandular cell involvement. I'm waiting for my surgical date for a cone biopsy.

I'm scared.... scared it's gone to my lymph nodes. Wondering if I need a hystrectomy. If so what type will it be? Have anyone had this or have any information for me?

Hey there

ive had adenocarcinoma. That cancer of the glandular cells in your cervix. I had a trachelectomy  which was the removal of my cervix leaving my womb.

Have hope. If they are doino a cone biopsy, then it sounds like the cancer is early stage and small enough for the cone biopsy to remove it, and enough healthy tissue, so they can ensure they've got it all.

if it's early it's unlikely it's gone to the lymph nodes.

Are they sending you for any scans?

Gill. X

Hello Ladies

Im the same been recently diagnosed with stage 1b adenocarcinoma ive had my mri and due to have my pet scan today. Once they can confirm it hasnt spread i will be brought in for a full hysterectomy and ovaries out. The found a 9mm by 5mm tumour when they did the lettz but there was no clear margins and pre cancerous cells were found higher up my cervix.

As Gilly said if they are treating you with a cone its very early and very unlikely it has spread . For me its like a bad dream and you cant wake up. Im not going to lie im petrafied I have two young kids was half way through my masters and working full time and suddenly BANG everything just stops.

Going through this for me has totally changed how i see life. Im no longer stressed out over stupid things. I hold my kids a little tighter and i pause and look out at the world and see how beautiful it is. Before i was just in auto pilot rushing everywere stressed out. For me this is a blessing a fresh start. Just stay positive and spend your time enjoying your family and friends and remembering how precious life is. Xx

i haven't had any scans. I have had my children and don't plan on having anymore.

I thought that glandular involvement meant lymph nodes.

I wonder even if it is very early stages do they still consider hysterectomy?

This has just happened to me this week also. Waiting for my cone biopsy. One doctor says it’s in the endometrium and the other says cervix. Pap smear came back clear every year and no HPV. All of a sudden cin3 on cervix as 

Mine was in the glandular cells but I didn't have any lymph node involvement. I'd also had my children so hysterectomy was the most straightforward treatment path for me.

Adenocarcinoma is a cancer that forms from the glandular cells as apposed to squamous cell which originates from a skin cell. A come biopsy can be treatment or a more in-depth biopsy the same as the lletz treatment. They will know from the biopsy the staging roughly And if it will need further treatment, due to skip lesions with adenocarcinoma radical hysterectomy can be recommended as a precaution. 1b2 and 2b staging and above would then be chemo and radiation. Xx