CGIN and treatment options

Hi,
My smear came back abnormal in June. I went to colposcopy beginning of July and they performed a Lletz. I got my biopsy results back 25th August, low grade CGIN, clear margins.
I was told to wait until after they had an MD meeting to find out my on going plan. They rang me last Monday to tell me, it was actually high grade CGIN and some of the margins weren’t clear and have booked me in for another Lletz this coming Saturday.
My question is, can I request different treatment? I have been having gynecology issues for several years with bleeding and pain and no one seems to be able to tell me what is causing it. I’m currently on the depo injection to manage some of the symptoms but still receive pain and I don’t want to be on it long term. I have read all the pros and cons to hysterectomy both total and partial, I have a daughter who is my absolute world and don’t intend to have any more children. From reading online, hysterectomy seems to be the final treatment for CGIN anyway. I don’t think I want to keep putting myself and my family through the stress of waiting for results or the next follow up or the one after that.
I know I would need regular check ups after a hysterectomy but surely that would be less stressful than wondering if the CGIN was back or if actually they missed a bit and it had become invasive?
I plan to ask the questions on Saturday at my appointment. I just wanted to know if anyone had requested their treatment pathway?
I guess it’s also my way of taking control of a situation I feel completely helpless in.
Thanks x

Hello BluMartin . Your situation reminded me of mine in many ways. I had LLETZ in May forCIN3. Results from Byopsy no clear margins and CGIN
The doctor asked me to be back in 3 months
During that time I was 100 % sure I wanted and Hysterectomy ,I have my kids don’t want anymore . Anyway on my 3 months check up was all clear no sign of CIN3 or CGIN .doctor said is because sometimes the burning they do after is enough to clear it. Need to be back in 3 months again to see if all still OK. She also mentioned that if not I can still have 2 LLETZ or Hysterectomy my choice. But now I believe I prefer a second LLETZ . If I have an Hysterectomy will be if all other routes are closed, many women have Hysterectomy and they are fine but is not something to say yes to if there is other ways. That is the conclusion I came to after muy experience but I guess everyone is different and knows the level of anxiety they can cope with. Good luck :+1:t3:

Hop, thank you for your reply. I think I may take your advice and watch and wait for the first check up after this lletz. I’m currently in my last 6 months of university/apprenticeship and wouldn’t be able to have the time off for recovery while I’m studying. So while I finish the course, it give me chance to see what the first check up brings and go from there. I will still ask my questions at my appointment Saturday but you have made me realise I don’t need to make the decision out right yet.
Thank you x

Good luck for Saturday let me know how you get on