Can cgin be successfully treated with lletz ?

Hi All, firstly I would like to thank all of you who post on this forum often in very difficult circumstances. I have found the stories and comments to be a massive support and probably the best source of honest , comprehensive information on the Internet.

I’d appreciate any advice you have about the treatment of cgin . I have been diagnosed with both cgin and cin and I am scheduled to have my 3rd lletz treatment in a couple of weeks . The doctor mentioned a hysterectomy at my 2nd lletz treatment and it was one of the options this time around. I believe a hysterectomy is a fairly major operation and one which I would hope to avoid unless it’s necessary . Has anyone found a lletz procedure has successfully treated cgin or is a hysterectomy the only route to go down ?

Thanks in advance .

Hi I haven't had cgin but I did have cin3 and early cancer treated with lletz and cone biopsy and I have heard of lots of people having cgin successfully treated with lletz. It must be really stressful for you with these cells returning, have you tried boosting your immune system to fight the hpv that causes these changes? I read up alot and things that are recommended to help keep your cervix healthy, eat healthily lots of fruit and veg, multivitamin with folic acid, stop smoking if you do, I stopped taking the mini pill, garlic and drink lots of green tea! Worth a try!  x

hi Libby , thanks for your reply. I generally have a very healthy diet and I don't smoke or take the pill. I will certainly try folic acid and green tea though ! 

I find the reacurrance of the cells frustrating - although it's obvious that I'm struggling to clear the hpv virus from my body. Last  week I was called for an urgent appointment which had me convinced I was about to be told I had cc so in a way it was good news . If this doesn't work then I doubt there will be anything left of my cervix to do a 4th lletz!