Bleeding weeks after biopsy?

Hi! Just wondering how long people experienced bleeding after colposcopy biopsy? Was expecting bleeding for a week maximum…

The flow is not enough to be concerned about but so annoying that it’s still going strong from only a tiny biopsy (now past 2 weeks). Was hoping to go swimming with friends this weekend but assume I shouldn’t wear tampons still. TIA x

I had bleeding for 6 weeks after the biopsy then had to have a second lletz and had bleeding again for 6 weeks.

1 Like

I had colposcopy with biopsy taken 9 days ago, bleeding was pretty steady for first few days, then I’d think it had stopped just for it to start again, on Friday I had a massive bleed so contacted my gp but as I’ve got no signs of infection he said leave it another week and see how it goes because it could have been a bleed like the ones that led to me needing the colposcopy in the first place. Since then I’ve had like yourself small bleeds that’s annoying more than anything, especially because I think it’s stopped then it starts again. If you’ve not already been swimming and your bleedings still happening contact your clinic to check it’s ok for you to go, I got told no baths, intercourse, tampons til all bleeding has stopped.
Just hoping I get a letter in a few weeks saying everything’s normal.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your experience @NQC and I hope everything turns out well for you!x

1 Like

Same for you Anna255! Hoping your bleedings stopped now and you get a letter with good news soon! X