Bleeding after loop excision

I had a colposcopy and loop excision on 9/11/16. I bled for 4 weeks afterwards, during which time I also had my period. Around 4 days ago I started to bleed again, a bit earlier than I would expect my period. It’s never really come to much but it’s there all the time. Thing is, it’s dark brown in colour and has small bits in it (sorry for TMI). It’s like the bleeding was that led to me needing the treatment in the first place. Should I be worried? I’ve also had tummy cramp pain today, like period pain, but this isn’t my period.

Treatment was approx 7 weeks ago. Was a biopsy sent off? Have you received any results? I think maybe you should have a chat with a Dr if you're concerned about bleeding. Hopefully they can put your mind at ease that all is well.... but it's best to play it safe xx

Biopsy was done and results were as expected, high grade diskaryosis, severe, CIN2 or 3, I can't remember.  I spoke to colposcopy department this morning and was advised to see my GP as it sounds like I may have an infection. Would explain my discomfort I suppose. Thanks for your reply.