Bleed

Hello everyone, my name is Claudia and I am from Chile, here we have an organization where we can support ourselves in a situation like this, I am 28 years old and in 2018 I was diagnosed with stage 3A cancer, I had chemo, radio and brachytherapy, in 2019 I had a PET Ct and everything was fine and this year I also had it done at the end of March and also said that everything was ok, now I just went to urinate in the bathroom and I had blood but very clear, the truth is that I was distressed Also, because I don't have the possibility to go to my doctor, because due to the pandemic everything is suspended here, has something happened to someone similar to what happened to me

Hi

I'm sorry to hear that you are getting this distressing symptom, especially now during the pandemic.

I'm in the UK and don't know how the medical system works in Chile; have you tried contacting a doctor?  In the UK the news is telling us that medical services are available but less people are seeking help which could include people assuming they can't get help.

Since my cc treatment I have experienced bleeding from my bowels and also vaginal bleeding.  I was advised by my oncology doctors that both types of bleeding were a result of neo-blood vessels forming as a result of the radiotherapy; these vessels are fragile, liable to bleed easily but harmless.  I have not actually experienced bleeding  when passing urine; because of the female anatomy it can be difficult to be sure exactly where bleeding is coming from - it might not be from your urinary system.   I'm not a doctor but in my experience infection is one of the first things that need to be ruled out. 

Ideally it would be good if you could  see a doctor so, if you haven't done so already, I suggest trying just to be sure.

Best wishes

x