Biopsy taken at Colposcopy

Hi all

today I had a colposcopy after an abnormal smear, the Dr told me the smear showed up abnormal cells inside the cervical canal, she had a look and said the outside looked fine but had to take a biopsy to see what the abnormal cells are inside. To say I’ve been an emotional mess since then is an understatement. My lovely mother in-law works in the department so all the nurses and Dr were lovely but they’ve said it’s 3 weeks till I’ll get the tesults and I have bad anxiety with my health at the best of times so I’m really not sure what to expect as the outcome of this. I’m 31 and apart from having fibroids in the past my health has been good, I have a 2 year old son who I just keep bursting into tears around. :(

Hi Kirst15 I have had a colposcopy and underwent a LLETZ procedure under general anaesthetic on Monday as the cells that needed removing were too difficult to get to whilst I was awake. 

I have been an emotional wreck since I had abnormal results back in September. (My routine smear was in August) and even now I am still emotional. I'm sure it's totally normal.

Sending you lots of love and hugs xx

Hi LHope87

Thank you for replying, I hope your recovering well and feeling better that you’ve at least had the procedure done now.

I had to go to my GP today who’s prescribed me something to try calm my anxiety as I haven’t slept much since Mon and ate very little, but I’m not quite as emotional after having a good chat with my mum and sister.

sending get well wishes xx

Hi Kirst15

Thanks for your well wishes. 

It was my first day back at work today and everyone has been amazing with me. It's helped massively that people now know about it.

I didn't tell many people as I didn't want sympathy or people feeling awkward.

Im so glad you are now feeling less anxious and talking has helped xx