Bad smear results and confusing colposcopy

Hi all,

Just been for my colposcopy today. I has smear results which showed HPV positive results and High grade dyskaryosis. Naturally i was terrified.

Went to my colposcopy today. The ladies were amazing by the way and it was just uncomfortable but not painful. Anyway, because of the severity of my smear results i was immediately asked if they could do the loop excision today, before she had even looked. But then when she looked, she was confused and could find no evidence of anything. Infact all looked healthy. She decided against doing a treatment which i might not need and instead took a few biopsies. I have to go back on the 15th May for biopst results and may still need the loop excision but maybe not.

I'm just a bit confused as to how my smear results could show up severe changes but my cervix looks healthy. Could it be becuase i had the smear when i had my copper coil in which has since been removed. I'm happy to avoid having the loop excision but just a bit confused. And actually the nurses looked confused also.

Thank you ladies. Also want to say the colposcopy and biopsies were fine and the nurses really helped.

22nd March-  smear test result showed HPV poitive and high grade dyskaryosis.

27th April- colposcopy looked fine so biopsies taken. Awaiting results.