Adenocarcinoma In Situ

Hi Erin, i am kind of in the same situation as you (as far as i know/understand...) i had a pap, came back normal but had high risk HPV so my dr wanted to do colposcopy. everything looked fine there a s well but the biopsy she took came back CIN II-III, so she did a cone biopsy and the results were AIS , which they say was completely ecsized. she reffered me to a GYN oncologist which took the more conservative approach of wait and see, but seem like my GYN is not completely confortable with that and wants me to go for a second opinion.

What did you decide to do eventually? (BTW im 39 and dont plan on having children) were you able to get more imut about the conservative approach verses hysterectomy? I hope im not asking too much ...

Thanks for your time in any case!

Hey KD, I had a cold knife cone biopsy and thankfully everything came back absolutely clear. The dr took out a very big slice so I had huge margins (like +10 mm). I read a scientific paper that indicated with very wide clear margins, even with AIS which can jump around, there is very low likelihood (zero in their sample) of residual disease. So I'm taking the conservative approach too. 

My OB also wanted to just cut out my uterus, but I am very hesitant. Although I'm done having children, there are other side effects. EVen with my cervix pretty much gone, I'm having some issues. But if I get another abnormal pap in the next three years, I will more than likely just get a hysterectomy. 

Its weird how different places handle things so differently. After my biopsy it came back as most likely adenocarcinoma in situ. Because of the cancer diagnosis my ob canceled the lletz and sent me straight to oncologist. I was actually a stage 1b2 according to oncologist. Are they even sending you to an oncologist?

I had adenocarcioma in situ and trying to get a suggestion from my doctor how long can I wait before doing hysterectomy? Also, did anyone got recommendation for thechelectomy? Does it have the same result as hysterectomy?

Was your treatment successful?

I was just diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma in situ and they are scheduling a hysterectomy, my doctor refers to it as taking my uterus, I hate the word hysterectomy too.  It took a second pathologist to find Adenocarcinoma in situ from my cone biopsy,  I thought I was in the clear for two months. I am not happy about the hysterectomy. I am now focusing on anything positive to cheer myself up, it will be good to have all of this behind me and no more periods smile. I will schedule the procedure on September 25th. Trying to stay strong.  The cone biopsy was a breeze. 

Hi there I hope you don't mind me messaging you. I have been recently told that I have a tiny amount of pre cancerous cells and I had CGIN so they ave recommended hysterectomy which I agreed to. I am just wondering why are there tests afterwards? They have already said that the op will remove everything and there won't be any left etc so why do they test afterwards? Thanks xx

They do a vault smear