Adedoncarcinoma Gastric Type HPV Independent

This is my first time posting, long history with fibroid, radio frequency ablation to treat it and then almost 4 years to the day 1.5 cm tumor found at the base of my cervix during annual exam. Things moved very quickly and radical hysterectomy completed on 09/21.
I have been recovering well, my first set of scans post op occurring next week.
I am struggling to find anyone else with this particular type. We have completed genetic testing, genome testing, the tumor board was happy with the results of pathology and unanimously voted for no adjuvant therapy but I am not resting easily at this point.
Would love to chat with someone who has been treated for this specific type of adenocarcinoma.

@Kimberlyakuhn76 its a relief to see im not alone. Ive been diagnosed with a sub tupe of adenocarcinoma called ISMILE. I cant find info on it and terrfied its so rare. How are you?

I’ve personally known two women with this version. Both have passed away. Its a very aggressive version and in both cases it returned very quickly. I read papers at the time and it looked like adjuvant treatment was basically useless. If you have survived without recurrence this far then I think your chances must be extremely good as you would likely have already had recurrence if it was going to come back. Good chance you have cracked it I reckon. Get out there and enjoy!

It has not been that long since my surgery. Surgery was September 21 2023
Next week will be my first follow up scans
I’m hoping that my early staging will find in my favor.

I have not heard of that yet. They want to write a journal paper on me following my case which I thought was very cool at the beginning and yet.
We did genome testing so I hope that will be helpful down the line.

My apologies. I thought you were saying surgery was September 2021.

That’s okay I realized after seeing the date stamps on the posts that the format was a bit different. <3

Good luck with the review!!

Hello everybody.
I am writing from Europe Serbia, and I apologize if my english is not so good but I hope you would understand what I try to say/write. It is about my sister. Today is exactly two yeas since she was diagnosed with endocervical adenocarcinoma gastric type HPV independent stage 3C2. The worst year in my life. She recived radio/cis/brahy. The tumor has shrunk a lot. It was 4cm before therapy. Her oncologist warned her about possible reccurence or mets considering aggressive nature of tumor. Everything was ok she was feeling fantastic that is all over. But in july 2023. on CT doctor noticed a few small nodule in her lung, spiculated, too small for biopsy so we wait until September to see if it will grow. And it did. But they were still small. Since October 2023. she is on taxol/carbo/avastin. Two weeks ago afther her 4th cycle of six, on control CT there was on cervix no tumor all organs clear and in lung only small nodule of 5mm. Her oncologist said that my sister is a rare case in her practice to have that fantastic response on therapy. So it is not quite true that adeno is chemoresistant. The doctor told her that cancer will be back ( according to statistics) and now they want to attack it when it is weakest to prolong the time of possible reccurence. But what I read about this type of tumor and statistics is devastating. She never stop working, she needed something to occupies her mind, and for me she is the strongest person in the world. I dont know what will happened when therapy is over, will mets disappear from her lung. So far is good. I hope I helped someone with this informations, and every new information for me about tis cancer is great help. I wish you all a lot of health.

3 Likes