Abnormal bleeding again

Hi ladies,

Just looking for a little reassurance and if anybody has gad a similar situation.
So had some treatment for high grade cells in around 2016. Treatment was effective, I have had clear smears since then, the last one in dec 2021.
I have had problems with bleeding after sex since and been back to colposcopy twice and had biopsy that just show inflammation, the last biopsy was last march.
I continued to bleed after sex and had my copper iud out as my consultant said it’s most likely the strings irritating a sensitive area in my cervix. Had my coil out in April last year and everything settled and bleeding stopped.
But then last weekend bled after sex again, went to see the gp on Monday she said she could see what look like a Ectropion on my cervix that bled easily when touched with a swab. Took some swabs and is referring me again to colposcopy on the 2ww. Really worried as have bled every time after sex this week. My appointment is not till the 13th of feb and scared that something has developed or they have missed some thing when they last took biopsy’s.
I’ve not had any other symptoms apart from having about 4 cycles of spotting a week leading up to my period, wasn’t concerned as had other pmt symptoms and seemed to have it at the same time every month.
I know most cervical cancers are slow growing but anxious as I have read some of you ladies being diagnosed after recent clear smears/investigations
K xx

Hi @Britgirl1980

Its alarming when these kind of things happen, and there could be many unconcerning reasons why you may be bleeding… 9 times out of 10 its explained by somethiig unrelated to CC, ectropions are usually at the top of the list of reasons why someone may bleed, they dont usually cause symptoms but when they do bleeding after sex and spotting between periods are the most common, the glands are very fragile so if they are desturbed in anyway we can bleed, even the pressure of our own discharge has been known to pop them if theyre fragile enough

I was diagnosed with an ectropion at a colposcopy, its can be a nuisance sometimes xx

2 Likes

@Tinkerbelle29
Thanku for replying :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: hopefully that is what it is. Normally it’s a one off bleed that normally starts me panicking. But this time it just seams a bit more persistent. I got my period today and it’s not been unusual for me to spot a week before my period, think I’m a bit perimenapausal I’m 42. Will await my gynae appointment. Will update after. Xx

Just thought I would update as some other ladies might have similar symptoms.
I went for a colposcopy today, the Dr and nurses were very lovely and reassuring. So please don’t be worried about the procedure. The colposcopy thankfully just showed a Ectropion, I am 42, he did not even take biopsy’s this time. Because bleeding post sex is regular for me, he did a diathermy procedure, this did not hurt at all, just a bit of stinging while the local was injected. He has referred me for a uss just to make sure there is nothing further up, but he has reassured me he thinks the Ectropion is to blame. He showed me on the screen how easy it bled when only touched with a swab. Hopefully my outcome has given some people a little reassurance with the same symptoms I had. K xxx

1 Like