4 year review

Hi all,

Its been a while since I’ve been on here, mostly due to adapting to my new normal life. I was diagnosed in 2011 with stage 2b with lymphnode involvement. I had paclitaxel and cistplatin along with 5 weeks of radiation and the lovely brachy therapy.

Anyway, in my recent mri there has been a change. There is fluid around my bladder which now I have to go for a pet scan. In the past year there has been significant changes to my bladder, mostly radiation damage with the wall becoming very thin. The bladder on the mri looks like t has repaired slightly (I think down to taking caffeine and other irritants out of my diet).
The fluid is concerning me - it is on the left side where my tumour was. This is the first Ive been called back and I am thankful that up til now while I live with various side effects Im just happy Ive been clear of the dreaded C word.

This has knocked me right back to 4 years ago, and I have to wait until 11th may for a pet scan. Just as I was beginning to make plans for the future for me and my kids Im so worried this is something sinister.

I know nobody will have the answer I so desperately need, but I always know Jos provides great support whenever I need it

Nic xx

Oh Nichola!

I can only imagine what a fright this must be. Like you, I was diagnosed with 2b in 2011. The follow-ups are always an anxious time though in my case they have gradually become less so over the past couple of years. I will be keeping everything crossed for you that the PET scan proves this to be something innocent. Do please let us know how you get along.

(((((HUGS)))))

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Nichola, hi,

just wanted to send you a big hug and tell you I shall keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Remember, we are past the critical 2-3 year point And the odds of a recurrence are very small.

i thought as the years go past I would worry less about each check up but no, wishful thinking on my part .

Like you, I have had to adapt my diet in order to live as normal a life as possible but I still have bladder and bowel issues.

when I was diagnosed was told I had a large fibroid and a large cyst in that region as well...could the fluid be related to a burst cyst eespecially if you have had no other symptoms? 

Stay Strong.

Nx

Thanks for replying ladies. Im currently going between complete denial to complete worst case scenario. I did ask the doctor what else it could be which she said "radiation changes" which less face it could be anything. I know if its something I need to adapt to I will as Ive managed so far, but I have this cloud over me incase its the monster returning.

I had been attending womens physio to help me with my bowel and bladder difficulties and was doing alot of "work" down there ie pelvic floor physio, so Im wondering if something has been disrupted a bit like what you said Naz. I suppose I could wonder and surmise but will only definitley know after next wednesday. Its so hard to resume normality until then, but at least kids demand that you do so anyway dont they?

Lots of love

N xx

The thing with our history is that if they see anything, they will automatically dive in with worst case! It is fluid they have seen, not a tumour! Fluid could be anything from simple inflammation to a bleed because of a damaged bladder! Hope it is nothing xxx